Parenthood

Season 2 Episode 8

⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬

⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I take a shower and get dressed. It feels nice not having to fight all my siblings for the bathroom in the morning. I feed Belle and hug her goodbye. Once I am all ready I head into the main house and sit down for breakfast with my siblings. 

"Ian, you played--you could coach." Carl says as he starts talking about football and how his football coach was arrested. 

"Uh, can't. I got to work after school, bud. Sorry." Ian gets up and leaves. 

"Lexi what about you? Your boyfriend plays football, you must know something about football?" Carl asks.  

"I know nothing about football. I just stare at Jack the whole time." I gaze off imagining Jack playing football.  

"Ask Lip." Fiona says. 

"He won't do it." Carl pouts.

"Wake him and ask. Can't hurt." I add.

"Lip!" Carl yells on the top of his lungs. 

"I could have done that. Upstairs, please." Fiona tells Carl. 

"I'm off to school. See you later Fiona." I wave to her. 

"Have a good day Lexi! Be good." She says as I walk out the front door. 

--------------

I am walking down the hallway holding Jack's hand when all of a sudden my phone starts ringing. I see that it is Ian calling me so I let go of Jack's hand and answer it. 

"Hello?" I say into the phone. 

"Listen, I need to talk to you." Ian says worried. 

"Ok, where do you want to meet?" I respond. 

"Meet me at Kash and Grab. See you soon." Ian hangs up. 

I turn to Jack and tell him what is going to happen. 

"Hey love." I say as I hug him. 

"Listen change of plans. Ian needs me so I'm going to talk to him. I'll meet you at lunch okay baby?" I continue. 

"Okay. Be safe. I love you. I'll see you at lunch." Jack smiles and I walk to go meet Ian.