Just Like the Pilgrims Intended

TW: CONTAINS SUICIDE 

Season 2 Episode 11 

⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬

⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬

Before the chapter begins I am putting a trigger warning on this chapter. Even though most of you know what's going to happen in this one, I just want to make sure. This chapter does contain a suicide attempt and is pretty dark. 

My messages are always open <3

⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬⧭⧬

I see Debbie walking out of Monica's room with a mug and a plate of toast. She places them on the table. I go up to her and talk to her. 

"Hey. Listen Debs. Monica will be fine okay? She is hitting one of her lows right now. But I promise eventually she will start feeling like herself. I love you Debs, I hope you know that." I tell Debbie while hugging her. 

"Thanks Lexi. I'm just really scared for Monica. I'm so lucky to have you as my sister. I love you too, Lex" Debbie hugs me back with her face in my chest. 

A little while later Ian gets my off the couch and tells me we both should try to get Monica up. Fiona objects but we still go upstairs to give it a try. We walk into the room and Ian tries first. 

"Hey, Monica. Hey, I wanna go back to that bar tonight. You know, the one you took me to. Will you go with me? Come on. It'll be fun. You can wear that purple shirt. Come on, Monica. Here, you want some coffee? Mm." Ian tries. 

"Honey, Mom needs to rest." Monica says simply. 

"Please" Ian begs. 

Now it's my turn to try to get Monica out of bed. 

"Monica. You should get up and take a shower. It will make you feel like a brand new person. Thanksgiving is soon and the kids will want to have thanksgiving dinner with you. So if you don't want to get out of bed for yourself or for us, at least get up for the little kids who are downstairs and worried about you." I say hoping Monica took any of it in.

"I'm good thanks" Monica turns over and Ian and I take that as our cue to leave.  

----------

I am in my house petting Belle when all of a sudden my phone rings. I answer it. 

"Hello" I say confused since someone is calling me at 1 in the morning.