17

A couple months had passed since the night Lucy and Ben had his mum and dad down to Chelsea for dinner.

With Lucy being away to Edinburgh for a photoshoot with a clothing company, Ben was pacing back and forth through the kitchen of the house he shared with the blonde.

"Ben sit down. You're hurting my head." Mason spoke as he and James Maddison sat around the kitchen island watching yeh defender pacing around.

"I'm nervous." Ben replied as he finally stopped pacing and turned to look at two of his closest friends he had made through playing football.

"You've got this. Of course she's going to say yes." James assured his best friend. Ben looked between both of the boys before he started to pace once again.

"Oh my god Chilly!" Mason exclaimed in frustration as he ran his hand through his hair leaning back in the chair. "Sit down."

Ben took Mason's advice and took a seat down at the spare seat around his kitchen island. As he did, he looked down at the black velvet box that had been resting there the whole time.

"So what's the plan?" James asked as Ben started to fidget with the box in his hand and started to tell the two boys what his plan was.

London was 7 and a half hours away from Edinburgh and Lucy did really feel like sitting on the train for the duration of the time so she was planning to fly home.

The flight was quick, only an hour and half long. They touched down in London at about 8pm and the blonde was taking an Uber back home to her boyfriend as she rang Tara.

"Hey, how was Edinburgh?" Tara questioned down the phone as Lucy settled into the back seat for the 30 minute car ride to Chelsea.

"It was amazing Tara. It's such a pretty city, we have to go together some day." Lucy explained as the car pulled away from Heathrow Airport.

Definitely. You made me so jealous with all of your pictures." Tara replied with a huge smile on her face, knowing what Lucy was going home to. "Are you on the way home?"

"Yeh Ben said something about James being down for the weekend so they're hanging out at Mason's. He was gonna leave to collect me but I said I'd take an Uber home." Lucy told her best friend.

"Ah it must be nice for him to see James since moving down to Chelsea." Tara commented although she knew there was a bigger reason behind the Leicester midfielder's trip down south.

"Yeh exactly. With their busy schedules, they barely get time to see each other." Lucy answered back as she watched the English capital fly past the window.

"I've got to go Lucy, Harvey's home; but I'll talk to you later." Tara spoke knowing if she stayed on the phone any longer that she would end up spilling Ben's secret to the blonde girl.

"Bye Tara." Lucy replied down the phone before dropping the small device into her lap and sat watching the sights of the city she called home now pass by.

Lucy arrived home to a quiet house as expected. In the driveway sat the car of James Maddison but no sign of Ben's meaning they were still away at Mason's.