18

A/N: I listened to Black and White by Niall Horan while writing this!

Exactly 12 months after Ben Chilwell and Lucy Collins got engaged, their wedding day arrived. A day that promised to be filled with laughter, love, family and friends.

Ben was over at Mason's house with James, Mason and Ben's parents getting ready, with Ben having asked James to be his best man after he and Lucy had gotten engaged. It made sense considering they had been friends for years her 10 years.

Over in Ben and Lucy's house was the bride, Tara, Lucy's cousin Leah and her parents getting ready for the ceremony which was due to start in just under two hours.

So far everything for going perfect but deep down Lucy felt like something was going to go wrong, after all it was her and Ben they were talking about.

Their relationship had definitely had its series of ups and downs. There was a time before he moved to Chelsea that Lucy was sure that was the end of them. Forever.

But in the end, faith brought them together and they were both still able to do big things for their careers without feeling threatened.

That was the best part. They were there for each other through the ups and down of everyday life. And like most couples, they had small arguments over stupid things but they came up with an agreement that neither of them were ever allowed to go to bed angry. They always had to talk about what's as upsetting them and resolve it, even if it meant staying up til 3am.

"You ready to go?" Lucy's dad wondered as he entered the room where his daughter, wife, niece and his daughter's best friend had spent the morning getting ready for the big day.

"Am I?" Lucy asked with a laugh as she turned to look at her dad.

"Yes. If you're nervous just imagine what Ben is like." Tara reminded her as she grabbed the bouquets of flowers from their box.

"You're right." Lucy agreed as he nodded in her best friend's direction.

"Now, let's go get you married." Tara cheered causing everyone else in the room to laugh before the left and headed downstairs to leave for the church.

——————————

"I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride." The priest spoke as Ben leant down and connected his lips against his wife's as the guest cheered for the newly married couple.

"I love you." Ben whispered as he rested his forehead against Lucy's with a smile across his face that hadn't left since his eyes rested on Lucy as she walked up the isle before the ceremony began.

"I love you too Benjamin." Lucy replied with her smile matching his.

"Have I got to listen to that for the rest of my life?" He asked teasingly.

"That was your choice my love, you proposed." Lucy reminded him as she laughed.

"And wouldn't change it for the world." The Chelsea footballer assured her as he took her hand in his as they walked back down the isle, this time as a married couple, and outside to the car that would take them to the reception hall.

Their guests gathered outside and watched as the newly married couple got into the back seat of the car. Lucy looked out the window at the guest and smiled at the sight of all her friends, family, Ben's friends and his family who was now her's and vice versa.

There was nothing in the world she would ever change. Like every couple, they had their ups and downs throughout the course of their relationship but if it weren't for all those ups and downs, they might not be where they are today.

Ben could've moved to Chelsea and Lucy could've just moved on and went to Paris when she had the chance. They both would've ended up moving on with their lives and probably would've never seen each other again.

But faith had a different plan and knew they were meant to be together. It was probably more Ben's determination and the support of his friends that helped but faith sounded good.

And now they would spend the rest of their lives together, surrounded by their friends and family, living their dreams with the support of each other all while creating a family of their own.

——————————

Ta-da! This is the end guys. I wanna thank you all for your support on this book. I would've liked to make this book a bit longer but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't figure out where to go next with the story line. But I'm happy I ended it now instead of just leaving it with a random chapter and no ending.

Until next time

-ky❤️