Ch 1: My First Day

You stared up at the large high school building with a nervous smile on your face.  This was it.  There was no going back.

You made your way slowly through the halls, your hands shaking ever so slightly as you scrutinized the signs above each of the doors.  Finally, you opened the door to your classroom.  Immediately, whispers began to rise throughout the entirety of the room.  Your heart started to hammer nervously against your rib cage.  They couldn't know, could they?  There's no way they could know.

"Oh my god do you see that guy?"

"He's so pretty!"

"Almost like he's a girl!"

"Do you think he'd talk to me?"

You paused a moment in shock at the whispers spreading among your classmates.  Did you really hear that right?  Of course, you had hoped they wouldn't be able to see through you, but you had never expected this.  With a wide grin, you took your seat, fidgeting slightly at the uncomfortable bindings secured around your chest.

It worked.

You couldn't believe it!  Your absolutely insane, no-shot-in-hell-it-would-ever-succeed plan actually worked!

"Huh?  That's weird." You glanced up at the sound of the calm voice to meet a pair of bright, golden eyes that were shielded behind thick, rectangular glasses.  "Why are you wearing a boy's uniform?"

Oh shit.  Ok, don't panic.  Time to think of something quick.  You have to say something so he won't think you're suspicious.

"Because this is the uniform they gave me?"  You lifted a single brow meeting the unfairly tall boy's scrutinizing eyes with your own unimpressed gaze.  "Is there another uniform I should be wearing?"

The mop of blonde hair smirked at your words, leaning in a bit closer.  "You mean to tell me you're actually a boy?" He asked, a mocking chuckle slipping past his lips.  "I would never have guessed. And to think, I'd be so lucky as to sit next to what must be the prettiest boy I've ever seen.  Seriously, are you sure you're not a girl?"

"Pretty sure, yeah," you rolled your eyes, doing your best not to show the panic bubbling just beneath the surface of your skin.  Logically, you had realized by now that he was just being a jerk for the sake of it — probably got a kick out of making fun of people — but still, you couldn't help but feel nervous at his words and their implication that he new your secret.

"Well, isn't that quite the interesting turn of events.  I can't wait to get to know you better, Mister crossdresser-chan," he sneered before taking his seat just behind you. You grit your teeth together, all of the nervousness you had felt just a moment ago suddenly turning into annoyance.

"Tsukki, I don't think he likes being called that..." a shorter, freckle-clad boy with greenish-black hair called out nervously.

"That's the point, Tadashi," the blonde — Tsukki, apparently — sighed, shaking his head at his friend's innocence.

"B-but he's our classmate," Tadashi protested weakly.  "Shouldn't we try to be friends?"  Ok, it was official, you decided.  You would be protecting this boy with your life.

"Tadashi?" The freckled boy jumped, immediately turning to face you.  "It's nice to meet you.  I'm (Male/Name) (L/N)."  You bowed your head to the boy in greeting.

"O-oh!  Nice to meet you, (L/N)!" He stammered out, flustered by his classmate's friendliness. "My name is Tadashi Yamaguchi, and this is Kei Tsukishima."

"Ah, my apologies, I called you by your first name without realizing.  That was rude of me."  You bowed your head again, this time in apology.

"N-n-no!  I-it's ok, really!  You can just call me Tadashi, I really don't mind!" He exclaimed, waving his arms around in panic at the thought of having offended his classmate.