Ch 28: New Achievement Unlocked -- The Amazing Male Model

"So, about that trip to Tokyo..." Takeda started awkwardly as the entire team sat gathered around him on the hardwood floor. "We're planning to do it next month. It'll be here before you know it. We need your parents' permission for this kind of thing, so I'll be sending you all home with the paperwork." Your stomach flipped inside of your gut, but you did your best to ignore it. Keishin had promised you that you wouldn't have to see him again. It only made sense that he would take care of the details for this trip. You just had to quit your worrying and let him handle it.

You felt a weight nudge your hand and glanced down in surprise to see Tadashi's settled right against yours. You hadn't realized it'd started to shake, but the other first year certainly had. And the warmth of his hand had quickly managed to calm the slight trembling back down before you knew it. You glanced up at him with a grateful smile before turning back to hear the rest of Takeda's announcement.

"Luckily, the school's already given the go-ahead to make the trip during the school week." Your eyes lit up, your breath catching in anticipation. You were already way too excited for this trip. "Although... it'll be tricky. Final exams are also next month. You do know that, don't you?"

A coldness swept through the gym, and you sighed softly to yourself, your head falling to hang in front of your chest. You didn't even have to look to know where the sudden tension was coming from.

"....Don't you?" Takeda prompted again, and you shook your head slightly. It was useless. The four idiots never thought about anything other than girls and volleyball. Except maybe for food. "...I'm sure you can guess what I'm about to say..." Oh, god, you could already hear the whimpers. "If you fail in one subject, you'll have extra lessons on weekends, and of course, Tokyo? You'll be out."

You dug your teeth into your bottom lip as the dam finally broke, all four idiots screaming at the top of their lungs like they were in the middle of watching a horror movie. You heard two pairs of racing footsteps approaching alongside Daichi's yelling and stuck your foot out in response. You smirked when you felt a harsh force collide with your leg followed by a loud thump. It sounded like you'd just managed to catch yourself a wild idiot.

"Noya! Go on without me!" Tanaka's dramatic cry forced another sigh from your lips.

"Oh, no you don't! Ennoshita, go get him!" Daichi commanded, and like he was summoned, team dad 2.0 magically appeared before Noya could get very far.

"Ok, so what's failing?!" Hinata asked, his voice in a full panic. "How bad can I do?!"

"Are you serious?!" Suga scoffed.

"You guys, I think Kageyama's dead!" Tadashi called, and you glanced over out of curiosity. True to the boy's description, idiot #1 looked pale as a ghost, and you honestly weren't sure if he was breathing or not.

"Were you guys really just ok with failing before now?" You lifted a brow at Tanaka, who was still slumped in front of you. Before long, Ennoshita stopped by and scooped him up like a bag of groceries, causing you to snicker.

"Wait!" Hinata gasped, and you tilted your head. He sounded almost hopeful. Were his grades actually halfway decent? You would've ventured to guess that he was the worst of the bunch, considering you'd never once heard him mention anything that didn't have to do with a volleyball. "Maybe if we ask the vice principal nicely, we could still have a chance to--" And just like that, your face was in your palm again. Why did you constantly allow yourself to get your hopes up with these four?

"Why don't you just focus all that energy on actually passing your classes?" Tsukki snarked, and for once, you couldn't help but agree with him.

"Even if the school didn't make you forego the trip, the tutoring sessions could still cause a scheduling conflict," Takeda sighed with a shake of his head.