Ch 26: I am Apparently Now a Cocky Libero

"Oh my god, (L/N), what happened?" You jumped and twisted in your seat. A few of the girls in your class had gathered around your desk. Haruhi was the one who'd spoken, her hand covering her mouth in shock as she stared at the bandages covering your face.

"Ah, it's no big deal," you laughed, scratching at the back of your neck. "Just dove a little too hard to try and reach that last ball, I guess!"

One desk behind and another to the side, Tadashi could feel his nails digging into his palms. He was suddenly reminded of why it'd taken everyone so long to realize that something was wrong with you. You were way too good at lying. It was really worrying.

"Still, to have hurt your face like that? You have to take better care of yourself!" Aiko huffed, poking you gently in the cheek.

"How desperate," Tsukki scoffed softly. Immediately, Aiko spun on her heel to face him.

"What's wrong with you, Mr. Stoic All the Time?" She snapped, hands on her hips. "Why are you always making fun of (L/N)? It's not his fault he's more popular than you!"

Golden eyes flashed behind black-rimmed glasses. "What are you talking about? I just think it's funny how you're chasing so hard after someone you're never gonna get. I never said a thing about (L/N)," he taunted, a small smirk over his face as he reclined in his seat.

"What?!"

"Woah, woah, everyone calm down," you chuckled, putting both hands up. "Tsukki was just talking about how desperate I was to get that ball! Right? Tsukishima?" You grit your teeth and sent him a meaningful glare. Tsukki frowned and looked to the side with a click of his tongue. He'd wanted to make fun of the girl some more, but he knew better by now than to challenge you when you had that look on your face.

"Hey, Tadashi, do you know what we're doing at practice today?" You asked in an attempt to change the subject.

Tadashi's eyes widened slightly before a wide grin broke out over his face. No one on the team had been sure if you were coming back anytime soon after what happened, so he'd been a little worried. Then again, he supposed he shouldn't have been surprised that you couldn't stay away for very long.

"Scrimmages," he answered, and you gasped, your eyes growing bright.

"Really?! Those are my favorite! C'mon, let's go!" You rushed to stuff your things in your bag and raced out of the room. A half second later, your head popped back into the doorway. "Ah, sorry, Haru-chan, Aiko-chan. We'll hang out next time, ok?"

"Ok!" Haruhi smiled shyly, waving after you.

"See you later, (L/N)!" Aiko called after you.

"So desperate," Tsukki muttered as he passed her, ignoring the angry protests that followed him with a wide smirk over his face.

---

You were playing with the red team. Apparently, everyone had decided that it would be unfair if you and Hinata were together, considering it would mess with everyone's perceptions too much. So, you were with Suga, Tsukki, and Asahi. And right now, you were losing by three.

Tsukki and Asahi moved over to jump where Hinata was approaching, and you quickly dashed to the other end of the court. Hinata couldn't aim his shots, and if that ball went to Tanaka, Tadashi would be the only blocker in his way, which didn't bode well for your side.

Just as you'd predicted, the ball sailed over to Tanaka's side. Idiot #3 was screaming all throughout his approach and even as he was landing. You dove to the side to try and dig it up, but it was too far out of reach, and the ball glanced off your arms without any hope of controlling it.