Ch 10: Idiot #4 Makes His Appearance

BAM!

26...

BAM!

27...

BAM!

28...

"(L/N)?" You paused in your windup, panting as you held the ball slightly in front of you.

"Tadashi?" You frowned, standing up fully and facing him. "What are you doing here? Is something wrong?"

"I was just about to ask you the same thing," Tadashi smiled a little bit. He'd been walking with Tsukki when he heard the sound of the volleyball. He decided to hang back when he saw that you were the source of the sound. "It's almost 7:30. Why haven't you gone home yet? Don't you have a curfew?"

"I already let my parents know I'd have to stay out late. Trust me, they understood," you smiled reassuringly before turning back to the task at hand. You tossed the ball up in front of you and ran forward before kicking off, sending the ball careening over to the other side of the net.

BAM!

29...

"B-but aren't you gonna overwork yourself?" He frowned slightly, picking up a ball here and there as he made his way towards you. "Why are you still practicing so late, anyways?"

"It went out of bounds," you muttered softly.

"What?" Tadashi furrowed his brows. He couldn't recall a single one of your hits going out of bounds. As a matter of fact, it was a little frightening how accurate you seemed to be all the time.

"One of my serves — the one I aimed at the straight-haired first year — it went out of bounds..." your voice was so soft, Tadashi wasn't even sure he was hearing you correctly. "So, this is my punishment!" You laughed brightly, your entire personality doing a complete 180. "100 serves, and then I get to go home!"

Ok, now he was sure he was mishearing things. You couldn't actually be insinuating that you did 100 serves anytime you accidentally hit one out of bounds, right? That was just insane, especially considering you did jump serves with both hands. It was impossible to be perfectly accurate all the time!

BAM!

30...

Ok, now five with the left hand.

He could barely even remember the serve you were talking about, and the only reason he did was because he was surprised at how well you handled it for a first year. Hell, if it was him, he would probably have been freaking out so bad he wouldn't even be able to walk!

BAM!

31...

Had you just been holding this in the entire time? How had nobody noticed? Not even Suga or Daichi had said anything, and they're the team captains! Daichi was even able to see through Tsukki's act no problem, so how had he not realized something was wrong with you?!

BAM!

32...

Tadashi felt terrible. But you had seemed so normal all this time. It was honestly incredibly disconcerting how well you were able to hide all of this.

BAM!

33...

"(L/N), you have to stop," Tadashi said tentatively.

BAM!

34...

"You're going to hurt yourself!" He was much more assertive this time, placing a hand on your shoulder. You just casually shook it off.