Ch 8: Game on, Seijoh!

You stared at the display before you and frowned. It was just as you feared. Your favorite snack in the world was all the way on the top shelf. And you, with your rather short stature, had absolutely no chance of simply reaching up and grabbing it. This was the biggest dilemma you'd ever faced in your short life.

Suddenly, a hand appeared out of nowhere and grabbed the last of the (Favorite/Snack)s. Your eyes widened, and you turned around to face the tall boy who was standing uncomfortably close to you. You lifted a brow as you met the eyes of the tall brunette. "That's my (F/S)," you crossed your arms.

"Sorry, you just looked like you were having a bit of trouble," the tall boy chuckled.

"Great, then hand me the bag," you blinked and held your hand out.

"Sure." You grinned. "If you give me your number."  And now you were frowning.

You rolled your eyes. "And why would I do that?" You scoffed. "I don't even know your name."

"Tooru Oikawa, nice to meet you," he smirked. Huh. Well that was an interesting turn of events.

"Well, Tooru Oikawa, I hate to break it to you, but I'm really not interested," you sent the setter a fake smile.

"Would you quit tormenting the girl, Shittykawa?" A new hand snatched the bag out of Oikawa's hand and handed it to me before he punched his friend in the gut, causing him to double over. "Sorry about him," an incredibly handsome boy with some very muscular arms said.

"Ah, it's no big deal," you shrugged. "Sometimes you just have to deal with annoying people in life."

"Oh, I like this one," the very hot one smirked. "I'm Hajime Iwaizumi, by the way." Ooh, there's another one.

"Oh, come on, Cutie-chan. Pretty please give me your number?" Oikawa pouted at you. Well, he certainly recovered quickly.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to say no," you rolled your eyes. "Sorry, Flattykawa, but you're really just not my type," you patted his shoulder gently in mock sympathy. "Now, if you don't mind, I have to go. See you guys later. And make sure to take care of that leg of yours, ok?" You grinned and waved to them, heading to the register to pay for your new snack.

"Huh? What did she mean 'see you later'?" Oikawa turned to his long-time childhood friend.

"Maybe she goes to our school?" Iwaizumi offered, though he honestly wasn't really sure himself.

"Anyways, wasn't she just the cutest? If we really do get to see her again, I'm totally gonna get her number!" Oikawa squealed, already fantasizing about the pretty girl he just met.

"In your dreams," Iwaizumi scoffed. "In fact, I think that girl might be my soulmate. Seems like she hates you almost as much as I do." Oikawa started whining about how mean his friend was being, causing Iwaizumi to punch him in the stomach again.

---

Before long, Tuesday had come, and you were unbelievably excited for the practice match. Aoba Johsai was an incredibly strong opponent, and you couldn't help being excited whenever you faced someone so strong -- it just got your adrenaline pumping!

"You seem pretty excited," Ennoshita chuckled from where he sat beside me.

"Yup! I can't wait for the match today! Aoba Johsai is super strong, right? I wanna play against them so bad!" You squealed, your eyes lighting up as you went on and on about the upcoming match. Ennoshita felt his chest clench as you spoke faster and faster, hopping up and down in your seat as though you were physically incapable of keeping still at the prospect of playing against Seijoh. It was... adorable.