Ch 22: Futakuchi vs (L/N)

Futakuchi leapt over the top of the net and slammed the ball directly at you, his frustration at your earlier interaction beginning to show in how he was playing.  You grinned and sent the ball in the air with a gorgeous receive, allowing Kageyama to send the ball to Asahi.  Just like earlier, though, the ball bounced harmlessly off another block.  At least this time it bounced out of bounds, allowing you to gain the point instead.

A chance ball was sent over the net, and Kageyama sent a regular quick attack to Hinata.  You watched as No Brows scrutinized each of Hinata's moves, including his eyes.  Suddenly, his hand dropped to the side to stop the ball which should have been able to dodge his block.  A wide smirk settled over your face.  You were right.  It would be a piece of cake to lead these guys exactly where you wanted. But for now, you should focus on letting your boys shine to their fullest potential.

"Hey guys! You guys ready to nail us a point?" You called, your eyes glinting with excitement as you glanced over at two of your favorite idiots.

"Hey, Keishin-nii?  I wanted to talk to you about how we were going to use Hinata during the tournament."  You crossed your arms as you looked on thoughtfully at the two practicing their hearts out on the other side of the net.

"What do you mean?" Keishin furrowed his brow, narrowing his eyes at you.

"Hinata's speed is pretty scary, but you and I both know it's not all-powerful.  The Nekoma game was proof enough of that.  And I have a feeling that Date Tech won't be any different.  Or at the very least, Aoba Johsai," you responded.  Keishin frowned, opening his mouth to get ready to yell at you for looking too far ahead, but you quickly cut him off.  "Hey, trust me, I know as well as anybody that we can't get ahead of ourselves, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be preparing for the future, either.  Date Tech is a really good team, and if everything ends well, we'll be playing them in the second round.  We should keep our best weapons hidden until we absolutely need them.  Hinata's attack loses its effect with time, so we should make sure it'll have the biggest punch against a stronger team."

Keishin blinked down at you in shock.  He knew you had a crazy mind for strategy, but it was always a little unsettling to see it in action.  "Alright, fine, we'll go with what you're saying.  Call the team over; I'll tell 'em the plan."

Hinata gasped, his whole face lighting up.  "You mean it's time for whoosh?  And kaboom?" He asked, hopping up and down like a little kid.

Kageyama grinned and turned to face the little ginger.  "I'm gonna need your fastest speed and your highest jump, too, and I'll bring the ball straight to you.  You can count on it."  You grinned widely and hooked an arm over each of the boys' necks, pulling them roughly down to your level. 

Things were finally starting to get fun.

Futakuchi sent a strong serve over, again aiming for you.  You let out a soft huff of a laugh.  He must have been even more frustrated with you than you thought.  That would make things a lot easier.  You sent a high-arching receive straight to Kageyama, who set a deadly ball Hinata's way.  Before anyone could blink, the ball was already on the floor.

"Yeah, Hinata!" You laughed and tackled the boy excitedly, rubbing his hair before he was forced to rotate back, laughing a bit awkwardly at your excitement.

Tsukki stepped calmly onto the court, and a frown donned your face.  He looked like he was about to do something annoying.

"Hey, your highness, how about something a little further from the net?  I'd like to stay clear of their blockers."  Yup.  Something annoying, alright.

"Sure, asshole," Kageyama muttered.

"Huh?"  Tsukishimi narrowed his eyes.

"I said sure, ok?!" Kageyama shouted, already getting angry, and you rolled your eyes.  Did they have to fight every single time they spoke or something?