renjun ~ cafe confusion

Akira remembered the first time she had met Renjun, she had seen him every day at the same cafe but never spoken until the day her boyfriend broke up with her.

"I just can't do this anymore" he threw his hands up as he left the table.

"Wait Jeno"

But he left anyway, walking out of the cafe, and out of Akira's life.

She had sat back down, burying her head in her hands while she thought of everything she could have done better to make him stay.

At that moment Renjun had brought her a coffee, the same one he'd seen her order every day, and sat there with her until closing time. He comforted her for three hours and even walked her home after.

From that day forward they no longer avoided each other or just greeted the other politely. If they were at the cafe they were sitting together, probably laughing over something stupid the other had said.

Five months later, and Akira was completely head over heels for the chinese boy and devised a perfect plan to confess. The last time they had come to the cafe he had treated so it was her turn today.

She showed up earlier than their normal time to make sure she could get Renjun's favorite pastry, that always seemed to run out by the time they arrived.

The worker passed her the small box over the counter and Akira started in the direction of their normal table, only to see Renjun already there with someone else.

His head was thrown back in laughter and she felt a pang of jealousy as she watched him laugh with someone else the way he laughed with her.

Her feet were frozen to the ground as she watched the scene, eventually recognizing the girl sitting in her usual seat was her sister.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she tried to keep them in.

How had she not known that her sister was dating her crush?

Renjun turned his head in time to see Akira standing there, the look on her face breaking his heart as he immediately got out of his seat.

"Akira? Are you okay"

She nodded her head, refusing to let the tears fall.

"Yeah, just picking up some snacks, you guys enjoy your date"

And with that she exited the cafe, Renjun taking a moment to process her words before immediately chasing after her, her poor sister Akara being left alone at the table, although she didn't mind as long as they got together.

"Akira wait"

"What?"

She turned around at the sound of his voice, the hurt in her own echoing off the bare sidewalk.

"It's not what you think"

"Renjun it's okay, you're dating my sister, it's not like weird or anything, i dont really care who you date"

She turned to walk away again but he was too fast, catching up before she could go anywhere, wrapping his arms around her and turning her around to face him.

"The only person I want to date is you"

"Wha-"

"I was asking her advice about you"

"But you guys were laughing and-"

"She was telling me about the time you broke your mom's lamp and blamed it on the ghost in your closet"

"Hey stop laughing! I was 8!!"

Akira was laughing too, remembering it seeming like the best excuse ever at the time.

They finally calmed down from the laughing, Akira still enclosed in Renjun's arms as she looked up at him.

"You want to date me?"

A beautiful smile graced his face as he looked down at her.

"Only if you want to date me"

"Well I want to date you"

"Well then we should probably get on that hm?"

She hummed in response as his lips came in contact with hers, Akara's clapping heard from a few feet away.

"About time you fools got together"

ANOTHER REQUEST !! I'm sorry it took so long and was pretty short, but I hope you liked it -vintagehyun !!