Chapter 8

I took a deep breath and broke eye contact before catching the bar naturally. I told myself to calm down and continued my routine. I spun around the bar, everything turning into a kaleidoscope world before I dismounted. I took a tiny hop but it wouldn't do much damage.

"That was great," Mckayla said bumping her hip against mine, it seemed like nothing was different but to me I felt so different. I know it was Louis and if he found out it was me then fuck it because he can't do anything now. All he can do is watch me shine like the star I've always been, not be a background to him.

"This is it. They'll take time announcing the score because this ends the all around and event finals. They'll also announce placing for everything," Marta said while the five of us neared closer to the score board. They would put the first 20 places for all around and then for all the other events after wards. Finally, they would announce the team score. My final score was put on the board. 16.4 out of 16.5.

I looked up and saw the final scores. Aliya Mustafina in 1st place. (She had a harder dismount and I was happy for her). I was in 2nd. Then everything kind of was unexpected. Gabby placed after me, then came Aly in 4th. What was the most unexpected thing was that Jordyn placed 7th place. We all turned to Jordyn and decided to not mention it because well it was the thing she wanted the most. It was the most astonishing thing. She was the #1 in the world for the year. She got #1 in all her Worlds events! This was just unexpected. I saw tears coming out of her eyes and walked over to her.

"It's okay. Your one of the in case girls and your surgery. It's fine," I replied while rubbing her back.

"Thanks," She whispered and gave me a hug and I hugged her back. It was the only thing I could do. All of us continued to look up on the screen. I had also gotten into bars, beam, and floor finals with Gabby and Aly. The sad thing was Jordyn would only compete in 2 days for the team final.

"Oh my god. Mckayla did it again," We all said together as we turned towards her. She had gotten 1st in vault event finals. Then we waited for team finals. We knew that it was really a big competition between China (look at what happened in Beijing, they beat us when the US was nearly sure we were going to have a gold) and Russia (it's always been between us and then, our coaches were Romanian and Russian, what good does that do). We got first (which really surprised us), China got second (Russia really didn't seem to be that good) and Russia got 3rd place (which surprised up but they were still in medal winning position).

Louis' POV:

It was her. No doubt within me. She was Arielle. It was her. The look on her face, in her eyes. It was the same. The way she automatically went to her friends and how happy they looked. I looked at her.

"What's wrong Lou? Your not usually like this," Eleanor inquired. She looked at me worriedly but right now there was nothing that could stop me.

"Nothing. I'm going to get a closer look," I said while turning down the steps to get to the railing. We had gotten VIP seats since we didn't want any fans today. Just wanted a normal-ish kind of day. I walked down and began to get a closer view of Arielle. She was smiling like she used to. Her eyes huge and sparkling. Laughing in the smile, little crinkles around her eyes. I had found her. Finally. But I had to get her home I couldn't let her stay.

"The first night of the gymnastics Olympic games has been finished. All gymnasts are now dismissed," A voice said over the PA. Music played and on came our song. What Makes You Beautiful. I looked down to see all the girls getting ready and was about to lose Arielle before I was able to catch her hair. It was blonde, the type my dad, my real dad had. My mom had black hair and Mark didn't have blonde hair. He was her dad so how did she end up with blonde hair. She was the only person in my family that could have hair that blonde. I mean the other girls all had LIGHT colored hair but her's was just blonde. The girls (Lottie, Fizzy, Phoebe, Daisy) had more of a dirty blonde type of hair.