Chapter 7

"Wake up or your going to miss training today," Gabby said coming into Mckayla and my's room to wake the two of us up. Of course we weren't in the mood to be waken up before noon but it was training time tomorrow they would finally let us sleep in.

"10 more minutes. Please?" Mckayla asked.

"How about no. You girls better get going," Gabby said before walking out of our room. I was the first one to stumble out of bed and pull on short shorts and a training leotard. Which left me with the job to get Mckayla out of bed.

"Get up or your going to be late and we don't want to be late," I said while shaking Mckayla who was starting to wake up more.

"Oh come on. We had a late night and I want to sleep in. It's not until tomorrow that we start to compete. They should let us sleep in," Mckayla said sleepily.

"Fine. Then I'll tell everyone that you have a crush on Liam," I replied before watching her get up quickly before looking at me.

"How do you know?" she asked me with wide eyes.

"It's not exactly like you hide it," I replied while smiling at her.

"Shut up. You better not tell anyone. Got it," Mckayla said while blushing a tiny bit.

"My lips are sealed," I said before nodding my head.

"Well you better get ready because I'm leaving without you," I replied before steeping out of our shared room but quickly steeping back in to grab my cell phone and pushing it into my back pocket.

"Just go. Tell them I woke up late," Mckayla said from the bedroom

"K," I yelled back before quickly walking to the practice gym.

"Floor. We need to get this down for tomorrow night," Misty said the second I walked in. I pulled my hair up higher and into a tighter ponytail and set my phone with all my other stuff I had left here last night. I walked onto the floor and began my routine, trying my hardest to stick every single one of my tumbling passes. I'm a Brit, through and through but I'm with the Americans on this one. The British team can kiss my ass for all they want. Tomorrow was the qualification night. I wanted to qualify for team (yeah you had to qualify to compete in team and I was sure we would), all-around, beam final, floor final, and maybe even bars final. Yeah, I know it's a lot but they never said you couldn't stop.

I hopped onto the floor and waited before starting my floor routine. I stepped into one of the corners before starting my first pass which was my easiest even though it was a harder skill but I've been doing hard skills since I was 8, so it wasn't. My 2nd tumbling pass though I was scared about. I changed a 3 1/2 twist to a full 4 twist. A big change 2 days before the Olympics for me began and I would have to get it good. I did some of the choreography before steeping into the little corner. I stood for a second, taking a deep breath, before running and front flipping into my full 4 twist. I did it but added a punch out. I stopped because that was probably where Misty would want to talk to me about. I looked down to see my feet still inisde of bounds which made me happy.

"We'll add the punch out to your routine. Now keep going. We're going to work floor as long as we can to get this as close to perfect as ever," Misty said before continuing to watch me work floor. I made sure to try and stick everything.

Around an hour later we got a 10 minute break.

"Wow. You must be tired," Aly said when the 5 of us were sitting down drinking water and taking in the sun in the little part of the park in the olympic village.

"Oh yeah. Misty's killing me today. I think I can do my floor routine in my sleep now," I replied with a little laugh.

"That's how I feel with my bar routine and you never told them I was going to be late so I got in trouble," Mckayla said giving me a playful dirty look. I just rolled my eyes at her and finished drinking my water bottle and posting some pictures on Instagram. I had gained tons of followers.