Chapter 9

I woke up. Three girls surrounding me. Skylar and Aly on the floor with blankets and Mckayla still sound asleep on her bed. I felt into my pocket and pulled my phone out. I hit the home button and the time popped up. 2:30 in the afternoon. I rubbed my eyes with my hands and sat up. Slowly moving down to the other girls, I shook them slightly. I usually wasn't the first one up. Most of the time it was Aly or Jordyn. Jordyn.

I got up and maneuvered in between the girls to my closet. I grabbed a pair of short shorts and a pink tank top. It was summer. I should take advantage of it. Digging through the closet I pulled out a pair of old, somewhat ratty, converse and slipped them on. I put my phone in my back pocket and decided to have a day out for just Jordyn and me. I think that's what she needed. To have some like clear you mind day and we didn't have anything to do. So maybe we could go to the London Eye or the big mall. Something not related to gymnastics or the Olympics.

"Aly," I said bending down and shaking her.

"Uh yeah," She replied sitting up slowly. Making sure not to wake up the other girls. They were probably tired. Once I stopped crying, we all walked back into the living room and finished watching Madagascar 3. We then watched 27 dresses, Made of Honor, and Bride Wars before waking up those of us who were asleep on the couches to come back to the room and actually sleep.

"I'm going to take Jordyn out today around London. When you guys wake up you can text me and I'll tell you where we are and how to get there," I said before sending her a text with the exact same thing because I highly doubt that she'll remember. She's half-asleep as it is.

"Mk. Have fun and be (pause) safe," Aly finished before curling back up on her little bed of pillow that we had arranged for them to sleep on. I stepped over her and hopped over Skylar who was still sound asleep. Opening the door I quickly moved outside and closed it, trying not to make a sound. It seemed like nobody was up but Jordyn always woke up after 12. Always. It was like she had a clock telling her to get up, even when she stayed up till 5 am.

There was a little hallway that all our room were connected by. Aly had one to herself while Jodyn and Gabby shared. That had to be hard but they probably didn't talk about. Last night we had silently made an agreement to not talk about it. We knew it wasn't her fault. She just wasn't on her A game last night. Plus she recently had a surgery on her leg. She couldn't throw her hardest moves and just try to stick them perfectly because we you stick them you have to lock you legs and hit them hard. She can't do that. She had to be softer on them. It wasn't her fault and I think she thinks that we're dissapointed in her. We're not. That's why she's probably been a bit more quite than she really is.

I peaked through the little peephole. Even though these were bedrooms they had them. Gabby was still sleeping while Jordyn wasn't in the room. I had a feeling that she was in the kitchen. We all enjoy eating food. I think everybody like food. I found her in the kitchen, and was surpirsed to see her doing what she normally did. Eat some food, looking out of the windows that looked out onto the Village.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I asked her. Someone had to do it and I knew it was very unlikely that one of the other girls would.

"I am. I guess it wasn't the results that I wanted but I made it this far," Jordyn replied.

"I know it sucks feeling like this but I wanted to know if you wanted to go out and see London. Like I would. Maybe go see a movie. Hit the mall," I replied. The best thing to do to help yourself feel better was to get back to normal.

"Yeah but I think the girls think I'm going to be depressed and sad over this but I'm not. My parents put my in gymnastics. I've always wanted to make it to the Olympics but I never really wanted to do the all-around. I only ever did it because I qualifed. I would be fine doing a floor final or some sort but really, I feel like the all-around puts WAY to much pressure on me. I always feel people starring at me and it's like urgh. I just want you to stop starring at me," Jordyn ranted.