Chapter 10

The two of us starred wide-eyed at each other.

"Let's go down," Jordyn said.

"We can't. It's a moving bus. You can stand on the top but your not allowed to move from top to bottom while it's moving," I replied, oddly calm.

"Uhm. Then, then. Don't pay attention to them and just ignore them. They wouldn't want to get the paparazzi into this either. So they probably won't make any contact with you while in open daylight," Jordyn replied. She was right too. We were going to be Olympians and how would the public react to One Direction's Louis Tomlinson's Younger Sister is a Gymnast in the Olympics headline. I'm not sure their fans will be happy but, then again quite a lot of them like gymnastics. Well from what it seemed.

"True. Just act like the American gymnast Ari," I mumbled to myself under my breath.

"Oh and we have that NBC interview today. Like at 4 pm and then we have plio, like always," Jordyn reminded me while One Direction continued to sing in the background. I slowly began to block them out. The Olympics weren't about a boy band that was famous worldwide. The Olympics were about people who did stuff the normal people didn't. The special people. The ones who dedicate their lives to something and won't let anyone stop them. That's the type of people the Olympics are about. And that's what I've done my entire life.

Both Jordyn and I walked to the edge of the double-decker bus. Leaning slightly across the edge, I felt a little adreline pumping through my body, like it did when I was on my first event. Misty had explained the team final to us in more depth last night. The 5-3-3 method for the actual team final and the 5-4-3 for the team qualification. 5-4-3 means that you have 5 members of the team, 4 compete on each event, and 3 scores count. For the Team Final you have 5 members of the team, 3 compete on each event, and 3 scores count. Tonight before plio Marta would choose which ones of us would compete on what events and some of us would compete on all of them. It always made us kind of jumpy when someone held like our Olympic fate in their hands. Though we were all sure that Mckayla would go to vault. She had gone into the vault finals. Marta would pick her as one of the three for the vault part. It was known.

Watching the London line pass by it kind of made me miss home and the sense of knowing where everything was and being able to be left alone. Begin able to walk home from school and just be in complete peace but I guess it's just a little homesickness but I'm doing what I want to do and that's what matters. I heard voices stop singing in the back-ground, making me think that the boys were taking a break to let their vocal chords rest. I understand that their vocal chords are fragile and they have to go on vocal rest but when I was hurt, not when things were broken, but hurt like a twisted ankle. I was still expected to fully practice unless a doctor told me I couldn't and I was also expected to go to competitions and compete on the events I felt like competiting on. Just saying.

"It's pretty. I guess you must miss some of it," Jordyn said the two of us looking out onto the somewhat brighter than usual London landscape.

"I guess. I loved London. No bad memories," I replied.

"What do you mean by bad memories?" She questioned.

"Well, my life at what I called home wasn't the best. There was always some sort of fighting going on and I didn't like that. Someone was always crying and then there was the constant talk about having to get more jobs. Everybody was stressed out and there was no way for anyone to take that feeling out. Plus, things were tensed between my mother and dad," I answered. I remember all the times that the twins would constantly fight and yell with each other.

"Why where they tense? If you don't mind me asking," Jordyn asked.

"Well because I wasn't my dad's daughter. My mom had an affair with Louis's dad, who is my biological dad, and got me. I wasn't planned and I wasn't expected. My mom never really liked me and nobody knows but me, her, and my "dad"," I told her.