Chapter 2

I woke up and checked my phone. Jordyn had texted me:

The gym opens early today. We can practice. Wana?

Jordyn and I were the two on the team going for the all-around. Last night, we had decided to see if we could get to the gym early and practice. Gabby was going to come too.  I replied to the text with a yes and got my leotard for today and practice clothes. I changed into my clothes and walked out of my hotel room.

"Your up early," Misty said in the tiny kitchen in our hotel.

"Yeah, I'm going to pratice with Jordyn and Gabby," I told her. Misty was happy that I had some friends that could possibly go the Olympics with me if  I made it. I really didn't have the chance to have many friends because of how hard I had to work up unitl recently.

"Ok," Misty said. It was around 7am and the 2nd day of competitng would start at 10am. These competitons usually went on for 2 or 3 days and the Visa Championships went on for 3. I grabbed an apple and ate some Nutella. Most people think gymnasts don't really eat but we eat tons since we need the energy. I walked out of the room and knocked on Jordyn's and Gabby's room doors. I was in-between theirs and Mckayla was across from mine while Aly's was horiztonal from mine. Gabby and Jordyn came out of their rooms 10 minutes later. I had already gotten my grips and such.

"So all ready?" Gabby asked.

"Yeah. Let's hope today is like yesterday, we did really well," I said.

"That's what we're all hopping for," Jordyn said. She was the World Champ for the All-Around so she was a judge favorite and she was used to the way that they would score. I think we all hopped that today would be the same as yesterday because Marta Karolyi would be there and she was the USA team coordinater. It got us all jittery.

"Maybe we should forget that Marta's there today. I think that's what Aly does," Gabby said.

"Your right. It's going to get us all nervous and then we won't be able to concentrate on our routines. Casuing us to get deductions for things that we've worked on for the longest time," Jordyn said.

"Yeah. I'm hopping Kyla isn't there. She's just rude and I don't want that today," I said.

"I think we're all hopping for that," Jordyn replied.

"That is soo right," Gabby said. We all walked into the gym and turned the lights on. They had 2 gyms here. A practice gym and the competiton gym. The practice one was a lot smaller and the equitment wasn't as new. It would be like this for the next few competitons, like the Secret U.S. Classic and the CoverGirl Classic.

"What should we do first?" I asked. We would watch each other's routines and see what we needed to fix, which benefited us.

"I think bars since we all changed our routines from yesterday," Jordyn said and she was right. She had decided to put in some more difficult elements, Gabby put in more handstands, and I put in more transitions and releases.

"That would be good. I need more practice hitting all the handstands," Gabby said.

"You should go first. If you go to the Olympics you would probably get 1st for the indavidual bars," I told her.

"Ok," Gabby said. She put on her grips and we positioned the spring board on the high bar for the uneven bars. Gabby went up and began her bar routine. She hit around 10 handstands and did 3 transitions. She also landed her dismount perectly.

"That was good, but you might want to hold you handstands a little longer," I told her.

"I have to agree with Ari. Everything else was awesome just hold them a tinsy bit longer," Jordyn told her.