one.

Carmen Malfoy, I'm the only one in my family that's not named after a constellation on mothers side, even my brother is after a constellation, although my middle name's Cassiopeia which is the name of a constellation, mother said she liked Carmen better.

My brother and I walked into the Great Hall together, I could tell everyone was looking at us, how could they not? My blonde hair bounced lightly as I walked, I watched down the Gryffindor table as Draco and I made our way to seat ourself at the Slytherin table. I sent a smirk identical to my brothers signature one towards Potter, us Malfoys never liked him much since Draco had tried to befriend him in their first year. A redhead girl who was sitting near Harry caught my eye, Ginny Weasley. My family thought the Weasleys were vile, I've never really spoken to any aside from Ron, although they probably are. My gaze lingered on the girl for a little too long and my pace slowed, my brother pulled my arm to hurry me up.
"Fourth year's going to suck." I mumbled and Draco turned his head to me, his eyebrows raised, he looked around us quickly to make sure nobody would hear as we seated ourselves and he leaned into my ear.
"When the dark lord rises to power, school will be different." He told me hesitantly, I didn't know if he meant different in a good way, or a bad way, but no matter what happened, I wasn't excited. I already had a bad reputation, being a Malfoy but also because of Draco, they think him and I are the same, we are similar, but not the exact same. Draco's the schools player, I guess you could say preppy rich boy who thinks he's above everyone else, and his reputation rubbed off on me, now people think the same of me. In all honesty, I didn't really think blood status or money mattered, but I couldn't tell mother, father or Draco, those were the two things that mattered most to the Malfoys, more specifically father, everyone else in the house just feared him.

I lay there, motionlessly in my queen sized bed in my private dorm father pays for, Draco has his own too. I wasn't very fond of the luxury father bought for Draco and I wherever we went, I wanted to live a normal life with a normal family, maybe as a halfblood? Who knows.
People assume as a Malfoy, I have everything I desire, my name held wealthiness and power, but those two things couldn't gain friends, or a normal life. Some girls have tried befriending me for Draco, same thing with Draco with a few boys. It's always a one night stand, then I get rid of them and if I want them again, I get what I want. The hookups have always been boring, merely a distraction from being miserable. It was supposed to be 'rebellious' or something to have intercourse at a young age but I enjoyed the validation I received, even if I've never enjoyed the act in itself.
I didn't know how or when I feel asleep, but I did and woke to pounding on my door.
"Open the fucking door, Carmen." I heard Draco shout, trying to keep his composure. I groaned and got up of bed, stumbling to the door and opening it for him. "Get ready, breakfast has already started." He told me sternly and I nodded, he's always came and woke me up every morning since my first year here at Hogwarts, he feels a sense of protectiveness over me since I'm his little sister. I shut the door on his face, knowing it would piss him off.
"When are Quidditch tryouts?" I asked him, as I tore through my closet for the black uniform pleated skirt, a white blouse and my Slytherin tie.
I quickly pulled my clothes on and slipped on Dr Marten shoes, frantically searching for my wand.
I ran out of my room and nearly into my brother, he mumbled a cuss under his breath and we left.

"Tryouts are on Wednesday, after school." He told me boredly while we entered the Great Hall, Draco became Slytherins Quidditch team captain, but that doesn't mean I'm guaranteed a spot, although I've been on the team as a Chaser since second year.
Draco sat down next to his two idiotic friends, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle, childhood friends. They'd almost always be at our house before we started school, their dads are Death Eaters just like father. Draco told me Crabbe and Goyle have their dark mark already, Draco promised me he wouldn't ever get one and become like father, I hoped he was right.
I was seated across from the three with Pansy Parkinson, she dazed at my brother dreamily, she's liked him since their first year.
"Pansy, your staring is a little too obvious." I joked and she hit my arm and I gave her a half smirk, I appreciated Pansy being friends with me, like a genuine friend. Sure, she liked Draco but she was loyal to me and for me, that was enough.
Breakfast went by fast, and before I knew it, I was in professor Snapes class with the Gryffindors, yikes. I liked Potions, I was much more advanced than everyone in my year, so luckily, I got potions with the fifth years.
I was sat next to some random Gryffindor, Neville, I think his name was, I could tell he was scared of me, which made me feel self conscious.
Today, we had to make the Draught of Peace with our seating partners, it wasn't that complex but Neville looked extremely nervous.
"Neville, is it? Get the ingredients, will you?" I asked as softly as I could and he squeaked a little 'Yes!' before getting up and going to get everything. I know that I'll be the one to do all the work but that's quite alright with me, I don't want to be doing potions with the people in my year. "It's quite simple, really." I promised him and he seemed a little more at ease, knowing I could do it, or at least better than him.
"Aren't you a fourth year?" He interrupted as I was half way done our potion, I would ask him to hand me stuff or stir the cauldron every now and then but he never really said anything.
"Is it a big deal?" I spat and he winced at my words, I shot him an apologetic look before continuing on the nearly finished potion.