two.

It was scorching hot, my mouth was parched and my Quidditch number 9 jersey was sticking to my skin uncomfortably. I went and landed on the ground of the Quidditch field, tryouts were longer than expected and like every year before, I was the only girl trying out, which earned some sour reactions from some of the boys when they figured out I made it and they didn't, complaining about how it's biased because Draco's my brother, what's it to them anyway?

Quidditch was the only thing on my mind, our first game was tonight against Gryffindor, that redheaded Weasley girl who I kept seeing everywhere was one of their Chasers, it's going to be a great game. I'm excited to win, Quidditch was probably my only distraction from chaotic thoughts of how everything is at home with the Dark Lord back, honestly, I was extremely frightened of him and if my family would be okay.
"Miss Malfoy?" I was snapped out of my thoughts from Umbridges high pitched voice, I despised her. I hadn't realized class was over, I was too lost in my thoughts.
"Sorry, professor, I'll be on my way now." I apologized swiftly and grabbed my books, stuffing them in my tote bag that laid under my chair. She gave me a 'charming' smile and I forced myself to return it before getting my ass out of there quicker than you could say Merlin, Umbridge made me uneasy.
In the midst of rushing out of the classroom to my next class of the day, which was Herbology with the Gryffindors, I ran into someone and toppled onto the floor, my books spewed across the corridors sleek floors.
"Watch where you're going-" I uttered quickly while the girl was trying to get herself off me, then she stopped with her hands on either side of my head on the floor to support herself and she straddled my waist. I only then realized who I knocked into, I was close enough that her fiery hair took over my senses and I could count the freckles on her face, she could've been sculpted by Aphrodite herself with looks like that. We had eye contact for maybe three seconds until-
"Ginny?" Harry questioned and she turned to him quickly and scrambled to get off of me. She put a hand out and helped pull me up, I thanked her quietly and straightened my skirt, I went to pick up my books and my bad that had flew when I walked into her, I snooped on Harry and Ginnys conversation. I couldn't make out their words until I heard Harry say; "What're you doing with Malfoy?"  My name sounded like poison rolling off his tongue, I turned to him, still stuffing the last book into my tote bag.
"I walked into her, why? You jealous?" I teased with a half smirk on my face, I could feel Ginnys gaze boring into me while Harry gave me an angry scowl.
"C'mon, Ginny, I'll walk you to your next class." He offered, ignoring me and Ginnys gaze snapped from me to him, she opened her mouth to reply but I interrupted.
"Actually, I'm walking her there, since we have it together."  I stepped closer to Ginny and the smirk on my face grew, she looked between Harry and I and I raised my eyebrows quickly, something I picked up from my brother. Ginny said a quick goodbye to Harry and we began walking to Herbology together.
"I'm Malfoy- Carmen Malfoy." I introduced myself, looking straight ahead of me as we spoke, I could feel her looking at me and I felt powerful.
"Yeah, I know." She replied smugly and I looked to her, studying her face. I was a little taller than her, I'm 5'8 so I'm assuming she's 5'6, although I'm not sure.
"Don't like me much, do you, Ginerva?" I teased and she raises an eyebrow at me, she eyed me curiously and I swept my hair behind my ears.
"How do you know my name?" She asked defensively and I stifled a laugh, she looked ahead of her as we walked down the corridor.
"Ginny Weasley, we've played Quidditch against eachother since second year, your dad works at the ministry, my brother hates yours-" I could've kept going on but she interrupted me.
"If our brothers hate eachother, do we?" She pondered and I thought on her question for a moment as I opened Hogwarts front doors, revealing the grounds perfectly kept acres of land.
"Should we?" I teased and she scoffed, walking down the steps to the school, I was giddy for her answer.
"Probably." Ginny replied shortly and I huffed, hate eachother for no reason? I'm a Malfoy, and that guarantees that no matter what I have to do, I will get my way, meaning I will get to know this Weasley girl.
"I bet you can't resist me." I say under my breath, intending for her to hear and she did, she didn't look the happiest about my comment either, but I didn't care.
"You wish, Carmen, I know the type of person you are." Ginny snorted, my name rolled off her tongue flawlessly and I would do anything to hear her utter it once more. I decided to 'accidentally' brush my arm against hers as we strode down to class. "What're you playing at?" She questioned and I smirked even wider, I was going to leave her questioning me. If I come off mysterious, she'll need for me but wont know why.
I slipped into the door of the green house where our Herbology class was and nearly every Slytherin and Gryffindor in our year was there.
We were revising many things we learned when we were young since in one year we'd be taking our OWLs, today we were doing mandrakes.
I went in front of one of the little pots and pulled a brown pair of earmuffs over my ears and slipped gardening gloves over my hands. I watched Ginny as she looked for a plant somewhere but had no choice other than next to me, I saw her sigh heavily and come next to me.
"Miss me?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes before putting her earmuffs on, hers were a green, they matched nicely with her eyes. Merlin, would she look good in the Slytherin uniform.
I motioned to her earmuffs and she pulled them down, I pushed one off my right ear.
"Green's your colour, Weasley." I complimented with a smirk before putting my earmuffs back on normally.