nine.

HOGSMEADE

I had found at that the day after I had my last conversation with Ginny, she'd broken up with Dean. I knew she was interested.
I was snapped from my thoughts by my brother repeating my name, Merlin was his voice annoying.
     "Hello? Carmen Cassiopeia Malfoy? Are you even liste-" He questioned, my gaze went to him and lingered there for a moment or two.
     "Don't call me by my full name." I snapped sternly, he seemed to get the memo because he said nothing more.
     Draco, and I decided we'd go to The Three Broomsticks to get Butterbeer, it was chilly out and it would be nice. Of course, as if it was fate, Ginny was in there. Except she was with Dean once more? Luckily, she didn't notice my brother, and I walk in. I made sure to get us a table where I could keep an eye on her, while Draco went to get us our drinks.
     "Staring at Weasley and Thomas?" He asked, setting our Butterbeers down on the wooden table with a thud.
     "Didn't they break up?" I asked him.
     Now, the Malfoy siblings sat there watching Ginny, and Dean on their date, was it even a date? Yes, it was a date. My question was answered quite quickly when they began to kiss. I looked to Draco, and fake gagged. He smirked at my imitation, and took a sip of his Butterbeer.
     "Poor lad," I said, pointing to Ron who watched Ginny, and Dean snog. Draco snorted at my comment and nearly choked on his Butterbeer.
     I was around halfway done my Butterbeer at this point, and Draco had gotten boring.
     "I'm gonna go torment Weasley." I told him, he just gave a small nod.
     "Which?" He questioned, Ron and Ginny were both in the pub.
     "The girl." I said boredly, standing up and pushing in my chair. I strode over to Ginny, I put one hand to keep myself sturdy on the table, and leant close to her. "Can I steal you for a moment?" I asked 'kindly', Dean looked a little distraught but nodded 'yes'. Ginny stood up, and I lead her out of the pub.
     "Make it quick." She snapped, crossing her arms, I began to walk away, not looking back. Before I knew it, she ran up next to me. "You were going to leave me there?"
     "You were supposed to follow." She shrugged, as if saying 'fair enough'. "You, and Dean?" I asked, she didn't say anything. She watched her feet as she walked, I stared ahead of me but watched her through my peripheral vision. "Thought you guys broke up." I spoke once more, my tone sounding very matter-of-fact.
     "We did." She agreed. I'll admit, I was a little confused, are they back together? Only one way to find out, I guess.
     "You guys are together again, I've noticed." I say shortly, she hesitates before replying.
     "No, we aren't." She assured, and I felt my stomach do a leap. I don't know why I felt that way, she's a girl. I don't like girls.
     "Why would you snog someone you don't like-" I began, but she was quick to cut me off.
     "I could ask you the same." She snapped, and I stopped walking to look at her. I couldn't tell if her eyes were glossy from the cold, or if she was about to cry, maybe a bit of both?
     "What do you mea-" I started, but was cut off once more.
     "Why would you snog someone you don't like, Carmen?" She asked, calmly. Her gaze bore into the distance, she didn't dare look at me. I felt heat rising to my face, either of embarrassment or anger, I couldn't tell.
     "I never said I didn't like you." I commented, my tone very matter-of-fact.
     "And I never said I liked Dean." She mimicked the tone I had just used, although not in a mocking manner.
     "Why would you date someone you don't like?" I demanded, she was being idiotic, her replies were nonsensical.
     "To get the person I do like jealous." She muttered, and began walking. We walked in a semi-awkward, semi-comfortable silence for a few minutes.
     "Yeah, but isn't Harry dating Cho?" I questioned, silence.
     "I never said anything about Harry." She replied shortly. She made absolutely no sense. I could now hardly hear the chatter, and laughter emitting from Hogsmeade, we were completely alone.
     "Weasle-" I began, but she had grabbed my hand, and pulled me in close to her. She pulled me so close as to that our lips touched, she began to kiss me, and I'll be honest, I kissed her back.
     "Ginny! What in Merlin-" I hear a deep voice say, and I quickly pull away from Ginny, quickly looking at her, she looked terrified. My hand was still in hers, and we simply stared at the person who'd been following us. Silence. "I want an explanation." Dean says sternly, his voice wavering as if he was about to cry. Wuss.
     "There's nothing to explain." I said simply, when Ginny went to open her mouth to talk. I felt her squeeze my hand.
     "Ginny, are you a l-" He began, but I dropped Ginnys hand quicker than you can say 'Quidditch', when I saw a blond, lanky figure coming up behind Dean, who I recognized as my brother.
     "What's going on?" Draco questioned, as he made his way over. The four of us stood in a clearing in the woods in silence.
     "I was speaking to Weasley," I began.
     "Ginny." She corrected.
     "I was talking to Ginny about..Quidditch? And Dean had been following, I guess. Now he's saying he saw her and I kiss." I explained to my brother, who scoffed, and sent Dean a nasty look.
     "Did you kiss?" Draco asked with amusement, I shook my head no, Dean threw his hands up in the air in defeat.
     "I saw you!" He shouted, clearly angered. I rolled my eyes, and shrugged.
     "I guess you saw wrong, Thomas." I commented nonchalantly, striding up to my brother, and we walked off.

(a/n): i wrote this during french class lmao, press the star at the bottom of the chapter ? thank u!!
have a great day, drink water, and eat something. i love u, and ur doing great