ten.

SLYTHERIN COMMON ROOM

You'd think the Slytherins would be too proud to attend one of Gryffindors secret parties, nope.
Parties are the only times the four houses almost get along well.
     I was in a black, satin dress that went down to nearly my calfs, with a slit up the thigh of the dress. I was attending the party with my brother, or so I thought. Draco and I had walked there together, but he had left me on my own to fend for myself while he had fun, what a great brother. This just so happened to be my first party, I had been too nervous to ever attend any before.
     So, I sat in the corner of the common room, where things were much less busy, on my own, watching everyone have fun. I saw the Weasley girl come, and sit down next to me on the couch from my peripheral vision, I could also feel when she sat down. I decided it best to not acknowledge her in regards to what happened when we spoke last. Although, her coming over, and sitting next to me is probably a hint she wants to talk. About what? Who knows.
     "Weasley." I greeted, giving her a side glance, she came a little closer to me on the couch.
     "You not going to drink, Malfoy?" She pondered, I was kind of thinking the same. Why not?
     "Dunno... Be right back, you want anything?" I asked, she shook her head no, so I shrugged, and left to get myself some firewhiskey.
     I returned to her with a solo cup full, the first sip stung but gradually got much easier.

-
GINNY'S DORMITORY

I woke up in a bed with red drapes around it, and a ginger girl with her arms wrapped around me. What the hell? Did I...Sleep with Ginny Weasley? Oh, Merlin, Carmen! Look what you've gotten yourself into. I shifted so I could see her better, strands of her red hair draped over her face, she snored softly, and actually looked quite praceful. Now that I was finally getting a good look at her, and up close, I realized she's beautiful. Well, I already knew that, but like, properly beautiful. I think I had been staring a little too long because soon enough I saw her eyes flutter open.
     "What happened? Did we.. Y'know?" I asked, after giving her a moment to open her eyes. Her face changed to a more alert looking state.
     "No," She grumbled in her morning voice, in all honesty, I wouldn't mind waking up to this every morning. Although, I'm sure lots of people feel that way about their friends. Friends. "Lets just say, Carmen Malfoy can't handle alcohol." She joked, I simply scoffed before realization hit me.
     "Ginny? Where's my dress?" I questioned, she shut her eyes, and rolled over.
     "In the trunk under my bed, wouldn't want anyone to know." The next thing she said, I'm not too sure I heard correct. "Stay here with me a while, Carmen." I mumbled a 'Fine.' before I felt her arms around me once more. I don't know what this feeling felt like. I've never felt this way before. It makes me feel the same way I do when I listen to my favourite music, that doesn't make any sense, does it? I wonder what I'd done last night, I guess that's a story for another time?
     "Gin?" I mutter, she groans and her eyes flutter open, she simply looks at me.
     "Where'd the nickname come from?" She questioned, I didn't reply. Truth is, I had no idea.
     "We should get up." I told her, sitting up. Merlin, did I feel like shit.
     "Hungover?" Ginny questions before sitting up with me, I gave her a weak nod and she smiled. We sat there for a moment or two in bliss, enjoying the silence soon to be interrupted.
     "Who you talking to, Ginny?" One of her dorm mates asked, it was probably Rionach O'Neal, she was quite the nosy one. "Oooo, got a boy in there?" Rionach asked, Ginny laughed, and told Rionach it was none of her business, of course, Rionach persisted. "You can tell me who, what house is he in? Please don't say Slytherin. I mean, I guess that's okay, but preferably anything else." Rionach babbled on.
     "Watch this." I whispered in Ginnys ear, before getting out on the side I heard Rionach's voice coming from, which happened to be the right side. I moved over Ginny in a swift movement, and opened the drapes concealing who Ginny was hiding, me. "Oh, hello, Rionach." I say pleasantly as I get up, and brush myself off. I huff before pulling Ginnys trunk out of under her bed. This was definitely a questionable scene, Carmen Malfoy in a bra and underwear, in Ginny Weasleys bed over night, our older brothers having an unspoken rivalry.
     "You're Carmen." Rionach says shortly, I give her a nod as I pull out my dress from Ginnys trunk.
     "You spilled firewhiskey on it, you can borrow a jumper, and pants. If you'd like?" Ginny offers me, I accept, and she hands me her Quidditch jersey, along with a pair of grey jogging pants. Muggle clothes, it was, I've never worn any before.
I slipped Ginnys joggers, and jersey on, looking at myself in the dorms mirror, and fixing my hair.
     "Are you guys...dating?" Rionach questioned, I didn't say anything, that was for Ginny to reply to, I simply continued fixing my hair.
     "Yes." Ginny replied quite slowly. "We are." She said with more confidence, I couldn't help the smirk that crossed my face. This wouldn't be easy to explain, but I wont know how things will go unless I try.
     Sometimes I don't know if I want to be Ginny, be her bestfriend, or be with her. It was quite the dilemma. I guess this answers it?

a/n
hii! so, i just realized that i never mentioned i was canadian, so if some of the spelling seems 'off', it's because we spell some things differently here than in the usa, for example.
and!!!
i'm on my april break now, so i have the next several days off, so expect more consistent updates. also, doug ford put all of ontario back in lockdown, which leaves me with nothing to do other than write.

remember i love you, make sure to eat, drink water, brush your hair, and pick something up off your floor. you're doing soso amazing, and i'm proud of all of you!

& thank u all very very much for the support, i appreciate u all!