twelve.

ON THE WAY TO CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES

As I was making my way to Care of Magical Creatures I spotted walking ahead of me a greasy, black haired boy walking next to a girl with long, ginger hair. Ginny.
I walked close behind them and tried my best to listen to their conversation, but I was just out of earshot. I watched as Harry went to grab Ginnys hand, before she could react I had pulled out my wand.
     "Stupefy!" I shouted, aiming my wand at Harry. The second my spell hit him, he fell unconscious and in turn letting go of her hand, the whole point. Ginny whipped around to look back at me, I couldn't really read her features like I usually could. She looked stressed and distraught, though I didn't know why.
I smirked and shrugged, making my way on over to her.
     "C'mon, Ginny, we'll be late." I told her, taking her hand in mine which she in turn pulled away. What was her problem?
     "You made him lose consciousness!" Ginny yelled, her face was turning the same colour as her hair, I could say something but I think that might be a little insensitive.
     "Yeah, that's like the whole point of the spell." I said, waving my hand dismissively. She looked at me in rage, I had no idea how to make her not mad at me anymore. I never thought I'd actually feel bad for something I'd done to someone, Potter especially. Not that I feel bad that I did that to him, but I feel bad that it upset Ginny.
     Without thinking, I took her hand once more and pulled her in close, taking Ginny into my embrace. I put my hand on the back of her head and allowed her put her face in the crook of my neck. She knows I don't like being affectionate in public, it was embarrassing.
     "I'm sorry, alright?" I whispered to her sincerely. I hope she accepts my apology, I didn't even do anything to her.
     "Let's get to class before anyone sees." She'd mutter in response, I nodded and let her go.
     Ginny and I walked on the pathway through the Forbidden Forest together on our own, once we get to class we'll be late, but I didn't care about this class anyways. I took her by the hand and pulled her off the trail and in behind a big tree that I proceeded to push her against.
     "It feels like we have no alone time." I lean in and whisper in her ear, placing one of my hands on her throat on the other next to her head on the tree. Ginny smiled.
     "I know." She'd mutter to me while placing her hands on my waist. I placed a kiss on her lips, then proceeded to kiss down her jaw and neck, all the way to her collarbone.
     "I'm sorry about what I did to Potter earlier, I know it upset you. I just won't tolerate when other people try to touch you, got it?" I cooed to her, she simply nodded and I smirked, using my hand that was against the tree to move some stray strands of her hair from her neck. I'd pepper kisses up to a spot about halfway up her neck before proceeding to suck gently. Ginny lolled her head back.
     "That'll be difficult to cover." She comments and I stop, shrugging to her then moving her hair over where a purple bruise begins to form on the side of her neck. "But I don't mind." She coos and I smirk, kissing her on the lips, she kissed me back.
     "Malfoy!" I heard someone yell from a few meters away from Ginny and I. She tried to pull away but I didn't want to stop. I tightened my grip on her neck slightly so she couldn't pull away.
     "Carmen!" They yelled again, pushing me off of Ginny, who looked to them in disbelief.
     "Jealous, are we now, Potter?" I'd tease, grabbing Ginnys hand and pulling her in closer to me, snaking my arm around her waist, holding her close. I had my brothers signature smirk plastered on my face.
     "You stupefy-ed me." Harry fumed, I simply shrugged.
     "And you tried to hold her hand." I said coolly.
     "Did not."
     "I saw it."
     "When?"
     "You're dumber than you look, Potter, and that's saying something." I insult, pulling my wand from my robe pocket with my free hand and pointing it at him, in return Harry pulled out his wand. "Okay, okay, fine." I say, putting my wand back in my pocket, Harry proceeding to do the same. "If you'll hear me out, I'll apologize." I suggest, Harry gave it a minute before shaking his head 'yes' and watching me intently. What I did next was uncalled for. I grabbed Ginnys jaw and pulled her face in close to mine, our lips touching. She got the idea and kissed me, I didn't hesitate to kiss back. I heard a noise of rage from Harry and in one quick motion pulled away from Ginny, pulled out my wand, and stupefied him once more. What an idiot.
     "Sorry, Ginny." I mutter, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. She shrugged and took my hand in hers, sending a tingly sensation all through my veins. Ginny made me feel things that I've never felt for anyone before, I didn't know why I felt this way around her, maybe it's because she's nice to me? I'm not entirely sure. But what I do know is that whenever I'm around her I feel whole and happy, rare for a Malfoy.
     "We should skip the rest of class-" Ginny suggested, I nodded in agreement and smirked. "No! I mean because we've already missed so much we may as well just not go, right?" She reasoned quickly, I didn't really care about why we should miss it, I cared about the time I'd spend with her.
     "We should go for a walk through the forest." She'd suggest.
     "Sure."