seventeen.

ON THE WAY TO HERBOLOGY

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss Ginny Weasley at least a little.
Two weeks is how long it's been since that day in my dorm, I don't know what her problem was. I had done nothing wrong, I merely defended myself.
If she chooses to be a git, so be it! Two can play at that.
I was on my way to herbology, as was Ginny.
It just so happens that our..Relationship..Began on the way to herbology class by Ginny bumping into me, so I was to do the same.
I didn't bother trying to find her, I had a gut feeling I'd see her soon. I wasn't wrong. Ahead of me I saw her with a boy, he was lanky with skin the colour of the night sky. It was no other than Dean Thomas. Suddenly my stride seemed to lose its confidence and my shoulders slumped. How could she move on from me so quickly? I can't believe he was walking her to herbology class. I was the one who had it with her, so it's only logical that I walked her there.
"Oi!" I called, Thomas turned around to look at me. He was probably nine or ten meters away. Ginny also turned around, a smug look crossed her face when she saw me. I could feel my expression soften as I looked at her. Okay, I guess I may have a little bit of a soft spot for her. Dean looked at me angrily.
     "What do you want, Malfoy?" He asked as I strode over, my hair bouncing as I walked. For once, I didn't feel that confident in myself, so the only alternative was to fake it.
     "You're doing this in spite, Weasley, you're mad I broke up with you." I stated and she shifted uncomfortably where she stood, she knew I was right. I always am. "Does he make you feel as good as I do?" I asked her with a smirk, Dean opened his mouth to talk but I held up my index finger, telling him to shush. And he did. "I know you remember that time in the woods." I said sweetly, I could feel my confidence returning bit by bit as she became more flustered. Dean rolled his eyes and laughed.
     "The time I saw you two in the woods was nothing!" He said confidently, my smirk grew. How could he be so daft? It's probably because he's a Gryffindor, stupid bunch, those blokes.
     "Want to tell him how you trembled on my fingers, Ginny?" I said slowly, Deans face went vacant very fast. His eyes were wide and I noticed he was clutching his wand. Did he really feel that threatened? By me? "It was at a later date when we messed around in the woods, but earlier on in the year, before you'd found us, Ginny here had asked me to fool around while we were in the loo, as well! I'd regrettably turned her down, though." I said calmly, watching both of their expressions. Ginnys face was red with embarrassment that quickly turned to anger, she looked to Dean and her expression softened.
     "I'm going to walk to class with Malfoy, we need to talk things out." She said to him in a hushed tone, a look of disappointment washed over his features. I knew she still liked me, how couldn't she? Plus, I'm better than Dean anyways. She was wasting her time on him. He walked past me in the opposite direction of herbology, on his way to re-enter the school.
     "We find ourselves here a lot, don't we?" Ginny asked, releasing a sigh and nervous laugh she seemed to have held in. I felt unusually calm in her presence once more. I've obviously kept a close eye on Ginny the past two weeks, but I'd forgotten what it was like to be alone with her. I felt a small smile tugging at the corners of my lips and nodded to her remark. I fought the urge to grab her by her waist and pull her close. She was intoxicating.
     "It's been two weeks, I'm surprised to see you've moved back on to Dean. Although, it does make me feel at ease knowing he's your backup, not me." I state with my signature smirk plastered on my face, Ginny looked flustered. We hadn't spoken at all in these past two weeks. Sure, she'd catch me looking and hold my gaze before turning away, and I'd do the same to her. I'll admit, just locking eyes after longing for her did send electricity all throughout my body, but I'm sure that happens to everyone when they're deprived of their friend.
     "We were never anything, we're not even friends, Carmen." She said slowly, choosing her words carefully as if I'd blow up if she said one wrong thing. I think this was her way of telling me Dean isn't her backup because we were never really anything and still aren't. Harsh, I guess? It's whatever.
     "You can't keep denying your feelings for me, Weasley." I stated simply and calmly, beginning to walk, my strides slow. She followed and ran up next to me. We were walking so close our arms would brush up against each other every step we took. At one point I purposely brushed my hand against hers, playing it off as an accident.
     "What about you then? Are you going to pretend you felt nothing?" She asked angrily, she had stopped walking and I turned back to look at her, she was a couple steps away. Without thinking, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her close, hesitantly placing my hands on her hips. I kissed her on the lips gently before pulling away. Our faces were merely inches apart and I could feel her breath fanning against my face. We had locked eyes for only a moment before I felt her hands on the small of my back and our lips collided.