Jackson Hole

The team boarded their jet quickly after the conference room meeting. The upcoming weekend was New Year's,  primetime for tourists in a ski town, and unfortunately, the unsub was likely to strike again. Spencer quickly realized that the dumping site of the bodies formed a triangle, and the geographic center of that triangle was a lodge resort. The team deduced that the unsub is likely an employee of the resort, considering that the abductions were spread over a month's time.

Although this discovery gave the team a head start before landing, the resort had a couple hundred employees. It was going to be difficult to narrow down the suspect pool, especially considering the resort hired many independent contractors. Hotch suggested that the team book rooms at the resort and spread throughout the property to maximize the chances of spotting the unsub. You and JJ swap a worried look. The team typically books a block of rooms near each other, but Hotch calls Garcia to make arrangements for the stay at the resort.

Spencer can easily spot your panic and again grabs your leg. You appreciate the comforting gesture, but you can't help enjoying the feeling of Spencer's hand on your thigh. You had been working to manage your anxiety about working in the field, but Hotch spreading the team out made you uneasy.

The team lands in Jackson Hole at around 10pm, which was midnight Quanitco time. Hotch booked an extra empty room for the team to meet in, so as to not draw unnecessary attention to the FBI presence. You all plan to convene there at 8am. 

Rossi handed out room assignments. "A mountain view for you, Pierce", he said as he outstretched his hand with a key. N202 was a room in a small motel style building on the outskirts of the property. You would have preferred to stay close to the lodge, especially since cell service was spotty. But you didn't want the team to notice your nerves. 

Hotch asks that the male team members make sure that you and JJ make it to your rooms safely. Morgan's room was closest to yours. "Hotch, do you want to me to make sure Caroline gets in bed okay too? I can make sure her sheets are nice and warm! " Derek joked. You pushed him in the arm as he picked up both of your bags. Morgan was a tool but he was a great guy and really cared about everyone on the team. 

After you made it to the room, Morgan dropped your bag on the first of two beds. "Sleep tight, Pierce" he said as he shut the door. You locked the deadbolt and decided to take a shower before heading to bed. You unpacked your toiletry case (you learned from experience to pack your own shampoo and conditioner for the road) and grabbed a towel. As you were massaging the suds into your hair, you hear a knock at the door.