Happy New Year

One kiss turned into another and you found yourself straddling Spencer, with your hands combing through his soft, thick hair.

After a few minutes of what had turned into a full on makeout session, you noticed a buzzing in the pocket of his jeans. After a few seconds, it was clear that Spencer was unaware. It was sweet, the way that Spencer was so intently focused on you. "Ahem, Spencer. Phone."

Spencer checked the Caller ID, realizing it was JJ. He planned to ignore the call, wanting to soak up every moment with you. 

"Answer the phone Spence, it's okay. She's out at a bar and might need something. Just make sure she's safe." you urged. 

"Hi JJ. You okay?" You giggled when you noticed how out of breath Spencer sounded, knowing you were responsible.

The phone wasn't on speaker but you could hear JJ, she was using her yelling voice that was exclusively reserved for when she'd had a few too many.

"I'm greatttt Spence. But hey listen, has Caroline called you?" JJ shouted into the phone.

"Umm no, why?" Spence asked. He walked away and stepped into the bathroom, wishing he could shut the door that Rossi had demolished earlier. 

"Damn. I was just worried about her. She's had kind of a rough day and I didn't want her to be alone. I heard she was crying----"

"Caroline is fine." Spencer interrupted. He knew that you would be insecure about the team hearing about your emotional outburst earlier. 

"Are you sure? Maybe I should call her again." 

"Jennifer, she's fine. I'm certain of that. I'm umm... with her right now actually."

"Omgeee" JJ squealed. "Do you think you're gonna kiss her at midnight!? We all know you and Pierce have chemistry."

"Butt out JJ. Drink some water before bed. Be safe. Goodnight, love you."

"TEXT ME UPDATES" she shouted into the phone. 

You giggled as Spencer hung up the phone. 

"I guess you heard her." Spencer said sheepishly. 

"Thanks for cutting her off before she mentioned the crying in the bathtub... Sooo, do you think you'll kiss me at midnight?" you teased. 

"I'd be an idiot not to." Spencer said as he leaned over and gently kissed up and down your neck. After several more passionate kisses, you turned away to let out a yawn. You tried to hide it from Spencer, but you were exhausted.  The constant traveling and grueling field work had been taking a toll on your body lately and it wasn't always easy to sleep in this line of work. 

"Go to sleep sweet girl, I'll wake you before midnight." Spencer whispered. You opened your mouth in protest, no wanting the kissing to end, but Spencer laid down and motioned for you to lay your head on his chest, to which you happily obliged. 

The broadcast of Times Square was still on TV. It was getting close to the ball drop on the East Coast, which meant it was only nearly 10:00 in Wyoming. New Year's was strange in a different time zone. It was much less fun when half the country celebrated two hours before you.

Right as you started to close your eyes, you saw your phone light up with a text from Morgan. "I guess that "talk" went okay, huh Pierce? I could have told you our boy has it bad for you ;)". 

Spencer laughed once he saw the message. "I guess we never really had that talk Care. But maybe it was easier that way?" 

"I was just hoping you weren't going to tell me that you wanted to keep things strictly as friends between us." you replied.