Side Story: Kurogiri's Journey of Rediscovering Shirakumo Oboro

This takes place after the reform program in the first book but before the epilogue. This chapter/ side story has manga spoilers!!! Manga spoiler warning!

*

Kurogiri fixed his sleeve cuffs as he approached the police station after his shift ended to go talk to Detective Tsukauchi. Once he got there, he saw Eraserhead and Present Mic looking like they had a lot of mixed feelings about him arriving through the door. Midnight was in the background watching carefully. He tilted his head at the situation.

Kurogiri walked up to the Detective and the two heroes. "What seems to be the problem, detective?"

Tsukauchi frowned slightly, "Your DNA charts have... history."

He remembered the flashes of memories he had. "What is it?"

Eraserhead looked at him with tired eyes with a more somber tone to them.

"Shirakumo..."

Kurogiri's mind flashed a memory of white clouds before he realized something....

...he didn't think he had enough time to have dinner with Inko.

*

After politely asking them to wait a moment, Kurogiri sent a message to Tenko that he won't be there for Bakugo's takedown, a text to Izuku to tell them about the plan, and finally to Inko to tell her that he won't make it to dinner. Once he received a form of confirmation, he nodded before putting his phone on silent.

Kurogiri remarked, "Thank you for your patience. Now, what is this history? And.... Shirakumo?"

"Is that name familiar to you?" The detective asked.

Kurogiri's mind flashed to white clouds and a blurry vision of a rainy night. "It seems blurry. I don't really know that name."

"It's your name. Oboro Shirakumo." Hizashi said.

Kurogiri tilted his head, "Pardon?"

"Your DNA matches Shirakumo's. He died around twenty-five years ago when we were on a hero work study with His Purple Highness." Hizashi explained, Aizawa winced at the memory. "Shirakumo died after he got hit by debris. But here you are with his exact DNA."

"What?" Kurogiri asked slowly. Hope brought a hand up to his forehead or wh at he thought was his forehead. His wisp hand stopped above his bright yellow eyes. "My head is so fuzzy."

"Do you need some painkillers?" Aizawa asked.

"Yes please, if you don't mind. All of this trying to remember.. is causing me quite a headache." Kurogiri breathed out, taking a pill and some water from Officer Sansa. "I don't really know much about the name. To be honest, my mind has been a bit foggy since the trial a month ago. For most of what I can remember, I thought I was raised by less than loving parents only for my mind to become fuzzy."

Midnight butted in, "What do you mean by that?"

"It feels like the memories I had before were only nightmares that are covering up something. Each time my mind grows fuzzy, all I can see are white clouds. I keep seeing blurry visions, but I can never be sure what they mean." Kurogiri replied, looking up at the detective, "I'm not sure if my memories are real anymore."

"Are you open to having Aizawa try to jog your memory? We want to solve if you are Shirakumo or if there is any connection to how you might be missing memories."

Kurogiri shrugged, "Alright. Who knows? It might help both of the sides have some closure, you get to see if I'm your dead friend and I get to see if my mind is playing tricks on me."