The Trial

Before anyone knew it, the day of the trial had begun. They were dressed in well-made suits provided for them by the program.

Izuku stepped forward with all eleven reform Yakuza members trailing behind him with Aizawa bringing up the rear end of the line. They walked between the two sets of benches where the jury sat filled with civilians and heroes. The reformed villains from the previous case that Izuku dealt with were in the front row to watch. The judge sat at the front of the room, banging their gavel for order once everyone sat down.

"We now bring the new case of the Villain to the Civilian Reform Program forward. This program has been proven before, but now it is time to test if this new case is worthy as well. Each reformed villain will come up here and answer the lawyer's questions. Once they are done, they need to explain what they want in their future if they are to be released." The judge announced, reading from a very formal looking paper. "This act is further supported by several pro heroes who wish to see a change. Now, I present to the court Midoriya Inko. She will be asking the questions needed to see if these reformed villains are welcome to the world of civilians. Now let this case commence with the first reformed villain noted in Midoriya Izuku's own therapist's notes."

"Tabe Soramitsu."

Tabe took a deep breath in his seat before shuffling over to the podium to answer the questions that they would give him.

"Tabe, please explain to the court who you are," Midoriya Inko said calmly.

Tabe swallowed down his nerves, "Hello. I used to be a Yakuza member that was part of the Shie Hassaikai. I was part of the Eight Bullets."

"What do you see in the future for yourself? What do you want to do when you get out?"

"After the reform, I wanted to make plans on starting my own cafe with my two friends. I would be the main cook while they would help out in many other ways." Tabe answered as calmly as he could. "With the nature of my quirk, I didn't really taste or experience any flavor of food that I ate. But during the reform program, the quirk suppressants actually showed me what I was missing. I want to show others how good of an experience food can bring them."

*

"Setsuno Toya."

Setsuno gulped as soon as his name was announced. He raised from his seat and walked to the podium to begin his own session with the lawyers present.

"Setsuno, please explain to the court who you are."

"I used to be a Yakuza member that was part of the Shie Hassaikai," Setsuno replied. "I was part of the Eight Bullets as well."

"What do you see in the future for yourself? What do you want to do when you get out?"

"Well, I was planning on working with my two friends Tabe and Hojo," Setsuno said while he started to  gesture with his hands. "We had this whole plan of setting up a cafe. I think it would be a lot of fun since we could give back to the community in that way. We could donate food to people struggling on the streets just like how we were at a time in our lives. I think my job will be taking orders and helping out in the kitchen when I can."

*

"Hojo Yu."

Hojo nodded, Setsuno clapped him on the back before he got up to get to the podium. He sat down, shifting on the wood underneath him.

"Hojo, please explain to the court who you are."

Hojo cleared his throat, "I was a Yakuza member that was part of the Shie Hassaikai. I was part of the Eight Bullets."