ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

«Live With It»

THERE they stood on top of the wall that separated them from the woman called Alpha and her people, awaiting whatever she had in store for them this time.

"Our community is more than capable of defending itself!" Tara shouted.

"I show you my face because we mean you no harm. I just want my daughter. I know you have her," Alpha said, causing Chloe and Daryl to share short glances before Daryl spoke.

"You should turn around. Leave now and no one gets hurt."

"Wrong answer," Alpha shouted loud enough for them to hear as she raised her hand, bringing more of the masked people into view.

Kelly used her binoculars to search for her sister, who was still hidden, while Chloe's eyes scanned the field desperately for her nephew. He was the only member left of her family besides Logan, and she had sworn to protect him, but now she felt like she had failed him. Failed them all.

"They don't see her. Least not yet," Kelly's voice knocked Chloe out of her daze as she failed to spot any of her people.

"That girl told me what her mom does to her. We ain't sending her back to that," Daryl spoke from beside her.

"Yeah, but what if she has Alden, Tom, and Luke? Pissing her off can get them killed," Tara said.

"Did you kill our friends? We found their horses," Magna shouted from Chloe's other side.

"No. Which one of you leads these people?" Alpha shouted back, the 'no' that escaped her lips caused Chloe to let out a breath. At least they're okay, she thought.

"What the hell does it matter?" Daryl shouted.

"Then I'll just address all of you. Your people crossed into our land. There will be no conflict. Your people killed our people. There will be no conflict. I'm done talking. Bring me my daughter, or there will be conflict."

"No one touches the girl," Daryl, who noticed everyone shifting uncomfortably, said as he descended the ladder followed by Chloe who went rushing after him.

"Where's he going?" Yumiko asked.

"Daryl, stop," Tara called, but he wasn't planning on answering anybody.

"Does she have Alden and Luke?" Enid directly asked as she met Chloe and Daryl at the bottom of the ladder before she started following them towards the wall.

"I don't know."

"What does she want?" Enid pressed again, followed by Henry who started realizing what was going on.

"No, Daryl, we... we can't do that," he said.

"She ain't gettin' her," Daryl told him.

"Then what are you doing?" Chloe asked, trying to figure out what was going on in his head.

"She's done talkin'. I'm not. Stay here," he told her before walking outside the gate.

"Chloe? What's going on?" Logan asked as he came rushing with Murphy by his side.

"They're here," she said, paving her way back to the ladder.

"Who's here?" he asked.

"The people that killed Jesus."