ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

«Fleeting Moments»

THE FAIR buzzed with activity as Chloe strolled alongside Logan and Tom through the lively crowd, all immersed in the enjoyment of the festivities.

Colourful stalls lined the fairgrounds, offering an array of treats and trinkets. The scent of various foods wafting through the air, tempting fairgoers with its savoury and sweet allure. Laughter and chatter created a lively atmosphere as Chloe, Logan, and Tom navigated through the crowd, taking in the sights and sounds.

"Looks like they know how to throw a party," Logan remarked, glancing at the vibrant scene.

Chloe noticed Enid at her kiosk, where she shared valuable first-aid tips with those seeking guidance. "No matter what challenges you're up against," Enid explained, her voice carrying over the fair's bustling sounds, "ensure your elbows are locked and your shoulders stay over the middle of the chest."

While Enid was in a relationship with Alden, Lydia's arrival appeared to have drawn Henry's attention, causing him to become noticeably distracted even leaving little time for Tom his best friend.

"Princess!" Merle's voice echoed from behind, prompting the trio to ease their pace.

Chloe turned, offering a warm greeting to Merle, who was accompanied by Lucy. "Hey, Merle. Lucy, good to see you."

Lucy beamed, "Likewise, Chloe. How's it going?"

Chloe shrugged playfully, "Surviving, you know how it is."

Merle chuckled, "Ain't that the fuckin' truth. Hey, Tommy boy, how you doing?"

"Great, great," Tom smiled. "I think I'll just head over and catch up with Henry and Lydia."

"Where are you off to?" Daryl inquired as he approached, Siddiq and Michonne accompanying him.

"Just gonna see what's up with Henry and Lydia," Tom waved.

"You guys missed Ezekiel's speech about Rick," Siddiq shared with the group.

"Yeah, heard so," Chloe smiled. "How's it going, Siddiq?"

"All good, Chloe," he replied.

Michonne interjected, "I'm leaving for Hilltop with the first group."

"Already? You... You just got here," Siddiq expressed.

"Yeah, I was planning for tomorrow, but I can take your place if you need a break," Siddiq offered.

"No, stick to the plan," Michonne insisted.

As the conversation continued between Michonne and Siddiq, Chloe's attention wavered when John strolled over, hand intertwined with Frankie's.

"That's quite the fair they've got here," he remarked.

Frankie nodded in agreement, her eyes scanning the bustling fairgrounds. "Yeah, it's impressive. They've put a lot of effort into making it lively."

"Merle, where have you been? You missed the part where we signed a fancy pact," John informed, throwing his arm around Merle's shoulder.

Merle raised an eyebrow, "A pact, huh? Well, ain't that somethin'? What's it about?"

Chloe chimed in, "It's a mutual protection pact between all the communities. An attack on one is an attack on all of us."

Merle scratched his head, "Well, ain't that a fancy way of sayin' we're all in this fuckin' mess together."

"That's the gist of it," John chuckled.