ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ

«Who Are You Now»

TEN YEARS IN THE PAST, Chloe harbored numerous aspirations for the future. Goals like obtaining a DPT degree, mastering Sports Rehabilitation, establishing her own clinic, and pursuing a double major in Astrophysics consumed her dedication. In her relentless pursuit of these ambitions, she lost sight of everything else—what truly mattered, the precious facets of life.

As the world descended into chaos, Chloe realized the extent to which she had been detached from life. The real meaning eluded her: the significance of the people around her, waking up without the constant worry of losing loved ones to the fever, a bite, or those seeking to strip them of everything.

The "old life" became a distant memory.

In the current reality, they sought only the sunrise of each new day, relishing the light, the air, and every breath they took. Counting blessings became a constant practice as time flowed steadily, erasing memories and leaving them with only fragments of the past.

In this relentless and unforgiving world, people would come and go unfairly, as time continued its unyielding march forward. There was no room for mistakes; a single misstep could spell ruin.

Six years prior, Chloe suffered the loss of another person she considered family—a consequence of her own selfish actions. Blinded by emotions, she sought Negan's death at any cost, aligning herself with Maggie's shared desire.

While Maggie managed to find distraction and purpose elsewhere, Chloe remained, witnessing the growth of Judith and RJ without him, and observing Michonne's enduring pain.

Their true leader disappeared four years ago, leaving a void that could never be filled.

Despite the challenges, they made Carl's vision of the future a reality, transforming Alexandria, The Hilltop, and The Kingdom into thriving communities. With Georgie's assistance, they achieved the seemingly impossible.

Their bonds strengthened, creating an unbreakable unity among them.

Chloe and Daryl found greatness in their partnership—perfect for one another. Daryl's love propelled her to new heights, fostering self-belief and unlocking unexplored potentials.

While the warmth of his affection brought immense joy, a lingering sense of incompleteness persisted.

Observing friends around her with their growing families stirred a desire within Chloe. However, Daryl's caution resonated with her—reminding her that safety remained an elusive illusion in their dangerous world.

The yearning for a sense of completeness persisted, despite the risks. Chloe desperately wanted to believe it was possible.

SHIT!

"Merle! What the hell!" Chloe's high-toned voice reverberated from outside the door she had just slammed shut. Inside, Merle was engaged in his usual antics with a new woman, this time in Chloe and Daryl's room.

"Just a sec, Princess, almost there!" Merle's voice echoed from inside, his grunts and the woman's moans filling the room. It had become his coping mechanism ever since losing Leah. The pain of that loss, which he rarely discussed, haunted him, and he seemed to perpetually blame himself.

"At least lock the door!" Chloe's shouted demand lingered in the air.

"What's wrong?" Daryl's voice, concerned, made Chloe spin around instantly.