ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

«Slay My Demons»

FIVE YEARS AGO.

Chest rising and falling rhythmically, slow breathing. Body warm under the blanket, mind on fire, rapid eye movement, dreaming, stillness of deep sleep. 

Little did it last.

Chloe was yanked out of her tent abruptly, her drowsy eyes scanning her surroundings for any sign of Daryl, but he was nowhere to be found. The realization hit her as she saw Jed's face in the low light of the dying fire.

She attempted to scream for help, but he covered her mouth with his hand as he and another Savior forcefully pulled her away from the camp she and Daryl had set up to search for Rick.

"You better stay quiet, blondie," Jed hissed, slowly uncovering her mouth as they distanced themselves from the camp.

"Dar-" she tried to scream but was cut off by a gag covering her mouth this time.

Any effort to escape was thwarted as Jed swiftly tied her wrists and ankles upon reaching what looked like an old house. The gag made it hard for her to breathe, but little did he care.

"What happened?" one of the Saviors asked.

"She's got a little fight in her."

"The bitch has Asthma," Regina informed him.

"I don't care!"

"You should if you want our plan to work out; she's of no use to us if she's dead," Regina retorted.

"Ah! Regina!" he said, darting towards Chloe before yanking the gag off her mouth. She instantly took a deep breath, trying her best to calm down.

"Yeah, breathe, breathe, Princess," Jed leaned forward, whispering in her ear, which she used as an opportunity to spit in his face, causing him to chuckle loudly. "You don't like being called princess, do you, Princess?"

"Screw you!" she hissed before her ragged breathing took over again.

"DJ has joined you guys, didn't he?" he asked.

"Where's Daryl?" Chloe breathed.

"Ah! I'm the one asking the questions here, but don't worry, he's not who we're interested in," he said as she exhaled sharply.

"What do you want?" she spat.

"Huh, blondie, I'm glad you asked," he said standing up. "See, we need some weapons, food, stuff."

"I could get you everything you need if you let me go, I promise," she said.

"Yeah, you promise. The thing is, we're sick of you and your dead leader's promises! Speaking of him, he's not here to save you anymore, is he?" he said, pulling a knife out and pressing it to her neck. "He should've let you kill me that night."

"Jed!" Chloe heard Kevin shout at him as she looked up surprised to see him with them. Or maybe she shouldn't have been?

"Come on, Kev, I expect better from you," he told him, pressing the knife harder to Chloe's neck.