ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

«Warning Signs»

CHLOE AWOKE to shouts from outside, finding Daryl already up and putting on his boots.

"What the hell is going on?" she asked as she stood up, pulling on her own boots too.

"We'll figure it out."

"Daryl! Chloe!" Tom shouted from outside the tent.

"Yeah, buddy," Daryl said, walking out. Chloe grabbed her bow and followed him.

"They're all about to fight," Tom informed as Chloe's gaze shifted to the gathering crowd, where tensions were rising, and everyone was at each other's throats, their shouts resonating throughout the area. "Justin is dead."

The tension in the air escalated as Jed shouted, "Guess they're gonna execute every last one of us! Just like Justin!"

"Not if we have guns, too," Regina responded, intensifying the strain as everyone attempted to keep the factions at bay, their shouts and grunts filling the air.

"Hey, hey, you guys! Come on! No, no, no, no! No! Back off!" Laura's voice pierced through the chaos as John exchanged punches with Jeremy, a Savior who had struck him.

"You about done!?" John yelled as Gabriel tried restraining him from the retaliating Savior held back by Tyler. "Or do you want me to take your psychopath leader's bat and beat you to death with it?!"

"Hey, hey, John, back off!" Rosita shouted.

"Jeremy! Stop!" Tyler's voice rang out.

"What's your problem, Tyler? You're with them or with us?" Jed questioned.

"Hey! Hey! Stop this shit! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! We're gonna find out who did this, and we're gonna make sure it never happens to us again, all right?" Alden declared.

"'Us'? You're not one of us anymore," Jed told Alden as Chloe and Daryl stood away on higher ground, observing the unfolding scene.

"'Us' means all of us," Alden asserted, earning himself a punch across the face.

"Go shovel that horse shit to whoever killed Justin!" Jed shouted, ready to strike again if it wasn't for Carol, who stopped him.

"I thought you were supposed to be our leader," he told Carol, who pulled out her gun.

"Enough," she said firmly. "Turn around, all of you."

"No can do, Cee. Why don't you go ahead and yank that Roscoe, pop me right here? It's better than worrying about getting it in the back," Jed said, causing all the guns on their end to be drawn at the Saviors, following Carol's lead.