ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

«Alexandria»

THE GATES to Alexandria swung open, and Chloe and Daryl's group entered the safety of the community. The snow that blanketed the Alexandrian town rendered it almost unrecognizable, but the familiarity of the faces that greeted them reassured them of their return home.

"Hi!" Judith shouted as she sprinted towards Michonne, with RJ following close behind.

The greetings soon turned into a snow fight and everyone got involved. Laughter echoed through the air as they all engaged in the spirited exchange of snowballs. They all needed that precious moment more than ever.

The Alexandrians had endured a harrowing night, navigating through the biting wind and snow towards Aaron's safer house. In the tumult, Judith got separated from the group as she chased after Dog. However, Negan saved the day.

Despite being out of his prison, Negan had sustained a thigh injury during his search for Judith and found himself in the infirmary upon their return. Chloe, initially discontent with his release, felt a subtle shift in her emotions when she learned he had saved Judith, the girl who held a special place in her heart.

"Well, look who's here," Negan remarked, observing Chloe's entrance with Siddiq in tow. She had patiently waited for Michonne to conclude her conversation with him before making her appearance.

"Negan," Chloe greeted with a straight face.

"You're here to see me?" he quipped with a smirk.

"No, I'm here to grab some stuff," Chloe replied, walking past him, displaying no interest.

She was indeed there to collect medicines for those feeling unwell.

"Aw, you disappoint me," Negan chuckled.

"I heard that you saved our Judith," Chloe said, fumbling through the boxes, keeping her focus on the vials.

"I did."

"Good," Chloe muttered, and with that, she stood up and walked out of the room.

Exiting the infirmary, she was met by Tyler, whom she hadn't seen in a long time.

"Tyler!" Chloe smiled.

"Hey, I finally did run into you," Tyler grinned. "How have you been?"

 "How have you been?"

Chloe sighed. "Surviving. How's everything here?"

"We had a rough night, but we made it," Tyler smiled before patting her shoulder. "Glad to have you back."

Overnight, again a heavy blanket of snow covered Alexandria, accompanied by freezing temperatures.

Chloe huddled in her bed, curled up with blankets over her head, serving as a feeble shield against the biting cold. The chill cut through her, seeping into her bones, and she could sense the numbness in her nose and fingertips.