Prologue

The kids of class 1-A (technically class 3-A) have just graduated.  Kyoka Jirou is cleaning out her dorm room.  She's about to spend her last night at Height's Alliance.   A knock on the door interrupts her thoughts. Turning around, she sees Denki Kaminari  leaning against the doorframe giving her his signature smirk.  The smirk that made her go weak in the knees. 

"You busy?" 

He asked while entering her dorm.

"No just finishing packing up"

She replied, trying to settle the butterflies in her stomach.  Ever since second year, she developed a crush on him, but was too afraid to say anything to him.

"What are you doing here?"

Jirou demanded.

"Wow I can't say hi to my best friend?"

Best friend.  Those words made her heart drop.  All she wanted was to be more, but she knew it would never happen

"I just wanted to see what you were up to. It's crazy to think this is our last night here in the dorms"

Kaminari said looking around at the empty desk and the bare walls that were once covered with instruments and band posters.  

"Y-Yeah it is.  Soon we're going to be real pros out there in the real world" 

Jirou didn't know this, but Kaminari's hands were shaking.  He too had a crush on Jirou, ever since their first school festival. He decided he was going to finally say something before it was too late.

"I have to tell you something I've been meaning to tell you for awhile now"

Kaminari took a step toward her, struggling to make eye contact as his smile faded. 

"What is it?"

Jirou stopped what she was doing as she turned to face him.  She could tell this was something important.

I like you Kyoka Jirou.  C'mon say it

Kaminari thought to himself

"I um- uh- I think you did a really good job singing the school fight song at the ceremony today"

Jirou hung her head, knowing her would never say the words she wanted him to hear.  Blinking back tears she looked up at him with a fake smile.

"Aw thanks Denki"

"A-Anyways I'll let you finish packing.  Goodnight Kyoka."

"Goodnight Denki"

Kaminari left, kicking himself for being a coward.  

Both teens slumped against their doors, hands in their faces.  Both wanting the same thing, not knowing the other felt the same way.  Neither one ever got the courage to confess, and the next day, they both went their separate ways.