Chapter 10: The Final Fight

Same time and place 

Jirou was wandering the streets aimlessly trying to find her way back to Ashido and Tokoyami.  They were out on patrol when a gang of villains robbed a convivence store.  Jirou chased after one of them, but not knowing the city threw her off and she had gotten lost.  After a few minutes she felt her phone vibrating.  It was Ashido calling.

"Where are you?  You've been gone for almost half an hour?"

"I got lost.  You know I don't know this city very well"

Jirou felt her phone vibrating again in her hand.

"Hang on a sec I think someone else is calling me"

She looked down at the screen.  It wasn't a call she was getting. Kamanari had sent out an SOS, and it was only a block away!

"Hey Mina, Kamanari sent out an SOS.  What should we do?" 

"We do nothing that's what"  

Ashido responded angrily.

"He no longer works with us, plus he assaulted your boyfriend! I can't believe he accused Damasu of being the Stain copycat, then beat him to a pulp.  Let him work out his own problems"

Ashido did have a point.  

Why did Kamanari do such a thing?  Damasu is sweet and loving, he is the complete opposite of the hero killer.  

She wanted to ignore the message and continue on with her day, but she couldn't.  She always had this feeling for Kamanari.  Even when she was with Damasu, it never went completely away.  She told herself she hated him and never wanted to see him again, but Jirou knew that if Kamanari died while she could help it, she would never forgive herself. 

"Hello? Jirou are you there?"

Ashido's voice snapped her out of her thoughts

"I gotta go"

Jirou sprinted in the direction of Kamanari's location.  The only thing on her mind was making sure he was safe.  Following the gps, she turned down an alleyway, only to be met with a brick wall.

Crap a dead end

She got back on her phone.  It said she was in the right place, so where was he?  She plugged her earphone jack into the wall listening for anything.  She could hear voices coming from the other side.

"Don't tell me you're actually in love with that ugly emo flat chested witch. She's such a bore"

Wait a minute, was that Damasu?

"Then why are you dating her?"

Kamanari!

"Why do you think stupid? Her agency has been investigating me. They find my loose ends that I carelessly forgot about, and I then I tie them up easy peasy. I've dated a lot of girls to hide from the police but she's hands down the worst one. What is there to actually like about her?"

Jirou sank to the floor, covering her mouth.  Kamanari was right the whole time!  Damasu really was the Stain copycat.   

Oh my god I'm dating a serial killer

Jirou almost threw up at the thought before a wave of sadness rolled over her, and she felt tears rushing down her cheeks.  She always had a problem accepting her body, and not being attractive to guys was always one of her biggest insecurities.  She thought she had finally found love, only to discover she was being used.