Chapter 8: The Plan

Flashback and Dream

Work Studies 2nd Year

Both Kamanari and Jirou's agencies were teaming up for this mission.  Bank robbers had taken hostages, and it was up to the heroes to save the day.  Kamanari and Jirou were together, along with their mentors Snipe and Gang Orca.  The heroes in training snuck in through the basement while the pros waited outside.  It was a very simple plan.  

"Oi you kids ready?"

Gang Orca grunted over the comm. 

"We're in position now sir"

Kamanari whispered, while Jirou stuck her earphone jacks into the cieling, listening for movement.  She found where the villains were and stood underneath them, pointing upwards.

You dolts shouldn't have chosen a bank with a metal floor.

Kamanari thought as he took a deep breath, preparing for a powerful attack. 

"3 MILLION VOLTS" 

Kamanari blasted the ceiling, shocking all the bad guys making them drop their guns.  At the same time, Gang Orca busted in and started clearing house while Snipe provided cover fire from the outside.  In just two minutes, the pros had secured the building and saved all the hostages.

"We make a pretty good team, don't ya think?"

Jirou turned to Kamanari who was strutting around with this thumbs up

"Whey Whey Whey Whey"

Ah yes my little Jamming Whey

Jirou smiled and kissed his forehead.  She could get away with gestures like this when he was in his idiot state.  She just wished she could kiss him when his brain wasn't fired.

______________________________________________________________

Kamanari felt someone shaking him, causing him to wake up.  He was surprised to see Sero standing over him.

"How did you get in?"

He asked while sitting up on his bed.  There was an awkward tension in the room as the events of last night were still fresh in their minds.

"Hello to you too. You forgot to lock your door again dumb*ss."

Sero jokingly punched his arm.  Kamari went over to his dresser and threw on a shirt.

"What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be at the agency?"

Sero placed his hand on Kamanari's shoulder, looking deep into his eyes. 

"Look man, Damasu was being super weird last night.  As soon as you left, his demeanor completely changed and he took off a few minutes later.  I thought you were just being paranoid and jealous, but there's definitely something shady about that guy.  I'm sorry for not saying anything back there and not believing you, but we need you now." 

Kamanari pushed his hand away and turned around.

"I can't do anything about it because IM FIRED"

He buried his face in his hands.

"And why does everyone still think I have a thing for Jirou?  That was way back in high school.  Over five years ago!"

"I'm not even gonna answer that"

Sero was now laughing. 

"You really expect me to believe nothing's changed?  Dude, the moment you saw her you froze up and could barely speak.  Your face was also the shade of a tomato"  

"Well it doesn't matter anymore does it"

Kamanari sighed and flopped back down on his bed.  

"She dating someone else now.  Someone dangerous who could kill her at any second, but no one believes me.  On top of that she hates me and doesn't want to see my face ever again" 

He buried his face in his pillow, and Sero could hear the hiccups and sobs.

"That's why she needs you Kamanari.  Remember what All-Might told us along time ago?  Meddling where you don't need to is the essence of being a hero.  Nobody is going to save Jirou.  You're the only one who knows the truth." 

Seroe's words were exactly what Kamanri needed to hear.  His friend was right.  The girl he loved was in danger, and he was the only one that could save her. 

"But what can we do?  Almost everyone at the agency blocked me, and I have no idea how to find Damasu." 

"I can help with that"

Kamanari and Sero whipped around.  Todoroki was standing in the hall. 

"Just like you Kamanari, I had a bad feeling about Damasu.  When he started acting really weird after you were fired, I decided to tail him.  He went to an abandoned warehouse on the far side of town."

No wonder Midoriya couldn't find any evidence against this guy

"He set fire to the hideout before leaving.  I'm assuming he is constantly rotating where he is stashing his equipment, which will make it very hard to pinpoint his location, or get any sustainable evidence against him, but I managed to salvage this"

Todoroki pulled out a map of the city.  There were ten buildings circled in red, with about half the circles crossed out.  

"If my deduction is correct, these spots represent current or future hiding spots, while the crossed out ones have been burned or destroyed.  The reason Damasu is always two steps ahead of us is because he is getting information out of Jirou.  So Kamanari, you investigate each of these buildings and try and find connection pointing to Damasu.  Since you're fired, nobody at the agency besides us will know what you are doing.  Sero, you and I will have to play pretend back at the agency.  Remember, we cannot let Damasu know we are onto him more than we already are."

Kamanari and Sero nodded.  It was a good plan, not surprising coming from Todoroki.  If Deku and Uraraka were absent from work, Todoroki often stepped up to lead the agency.  Kamanari just had one slight issue.

"How will I contact you guys if I find Damasu?"

"Oh that reminds me"

Todoroki turned away for a brief moment before pulling something out of his bag and placing it on Kamanari's desk.  It was the comm unit and jacket he left at the agency. 

"I saw these and thought you might need them again"

It was Todoroki's turn to place a hand on Kamanri's shoulder 

"It's just like Sero said, Jirou needs you and you're the only one that can help.  Be a hero Kamanari.  Be Chargebolt"

For Her