Chapter 11: The Confession Part 2

Kamanari woke up with the worst headache imaginable.  He slowly sat up clutching his forehead while groaning in pain.  The last time he had a headache like this was when he would go over his power limit back in high school. His vision was blurry and his head was pounding, but he was almost certain he was in the infirmary at Deku's agency.

"Woah Woah easy there big fella"

Kamanari felt a pair of hands pushing him back down.  He opened his eyes and saw a mass of spiky red hair.

"Kirishima?"

"Yeah its me buddy"

The red head laughed.

"It's been years since I've seen Jamming-Whey.  How many volts did you blast him with?"

"Ten million.  God I can't remember the last time I went over my limit"

Kirishima whistled

"Dang ten million?  I remember when you would fry your brain from just two!"

Kirishima's smile disappeared and was replaced by a look of sadness and regret.

"Hey man, I just wanted to say, I'm so sorry.  We all are.  We should never have treated you the way we did.  I was being so un-manly. You were right the whole time about Damasu.  I hope you can forgive me" 

Kamanari felt like a giant boulder was lifted off him.

"It's ok man.  Of course I forgive you. I basically accused him without any hard physical evidence.  I can see how you guys thought I was just being jealous because he was dating Jirou" 

Kirishima's face lit up again

"Speaking of Jirou"

He nudged Kamanari with his elbow.

"What happened earlier today?  She carried you in here and wouldn't leave your side for hours"

Kamanari blushed and turned away.

"What are you talking about"

He muttered.

"Hey Kiri, how's - OH MY GOSH DENKI!"

Kamanri looked up to see Jirou sprinting over to him, wrapping her arms around his torso and placing her forehead on his sternum.  Craning his neck, Kamanari could see Kirishima raising his eyebrows while grinning from ear to ear.  

"I think Imma head out now"

He gave Kamanari a thumbs up before disappearing. Jirou pulled away, cupping Kamanari's cheeks in her hands.  

"You're such an idiot"

She smiled and laughed through tears.

"HEY I am not!" 

Kamanari retorted 

"I got to see Jamming-Whey again"

Jirou got off of him and was stumbling around the room doing the double thumbs up, making her best brain-dead Kamanari impression. 

"The only reason I went above my limit was to save your sorry *ss"

Kamanari stood up.  Jirou stopped what she was doing and took his hands in hers.

"Yeah. You did save me" 

They were inches apart and looking into each others eyes.  Both were blushing mad, but they couldn't look away.  Kamanari could get lost in Jirou's eyes for hours, and she felt the exact same way about him.  But Kamanari had to get something off his chest that had been weighing him down all day.