Chapter 1: The Copycat

BEEP BEEP BEEP

The annoying sound of the alarm clock rudely awoke Kaminari from his dream, slamming his fist down on the stupid machine.  He hated waking up and wished he could just stay in bed all day.  Too tired to get up, Kaminari just lay in his bed until he mustered enough energy to sit up. Rubbing his eyes he looked at his alarm clock. 

8:50 AM!!! CRAP I'M GONNA BE LATE

That definitely woke him up.  He scrambled to get ready for work, throwing on his hero costume and brushing his teeth, not even bothered to do anything to his hair.  It has been five years since graduation, and he had accomplished his dream of becoming a pro hero.  He worked at the agency run by his former classmate and number three hero Izuku Midoriya (Deku) and his wife Ochaco Uraraka. His fellow co-workers included Shoto Todoroki, Fumigake Tokoyami, Tsuyu Asui, Hanta Sero, Ejiro Kirishima, and Mina Ashido.  They would also occasionally work along side Tenya Iida, and his family's agency. 

Luckily, Kaminari only lived a few blocks from the agency, so if he sprinted, he should be able to make it in on time.  As he was running he thought about how far he and his classmates had come since their graduation.  Todoroki and Tokoyami broke the top ten already, and the rest of them were already starting to make a name for themselves.  Life was going pretty well for him, but there was one thing he would always regret.  Not confessing his feelings for his high school crush, Kyoka Jirou. He shook his head and cleared his mind as he entered the agency with exactly one minute to spare.

"Cutting it pretty close Denki"

Deku muttered while organizing a stack of papers. 

"Take your seat, we're about to start the morning review"

Kaminari joined his fellow heroes at the table while Midoriya began his report.

"Another hero was killed last night.  The Stain copycat has struck again."

The room fell silent until Kirishima banged his fist on the table.

"Damnit not another one!"

He cried out.

Throughout the past six months or so, over a dozen heroes have been brutally murdered.  They were found in dark alleyways or empty buildings.  The murderer always left a note written in blood containing something about honoring the Hero Killer Stain, who Midoriya, Iida, and Todoroki defeated many years ago.  

"This has gone on long enough."

Deku said standing up

"From now on, the majority of our efforts will be finding and stopping this copycat.  Iida's family agency has been leading the bulk of the investigation, and they sent out a request for assistance.  So Kaminari and Sero, you two visit Iida and find out everything you can while also helping out with whatever he needs.  Ashido and Tsuyu, you guys go to the morgue and get the autopsy.  Find out his MO (hoand we could maybe deduce what his quirk is.  Todoroki, I need you to get down to the police station and get all the information you can about the most recent killing.  Finally Tokoyami and Kirishima.  I need you guys to do routine patrol.  There's still other crimes and villains that need dealing with. Uraraka and I will set up our own investigation here.  Dismissed" 

The heroes all got up from their seats and headed out towards the door.

"Oh one more thing"

They all paused and turned back to Midoriya.

"I'm bringing in some backup.  I need you guys to make sure our guests feel welcome" 

"Of course!" 

They all said in unison as they split up to go their separate ways.