Chapter 4: The Patrol

Kamanari, Ashido, and Jirou got off the train in the heart of the legislative district.  The two girls spent the entire train ride catching up and having fun like they used to.  Kamanari seemed to be the only one not having a good time.

"I don't really know this city.  What route should we take?"

Jirou asked as they stepped off the platform.  

"Lets head over this way towards the back alleys"

Ashido pointed and led the trio in that direction.  The patrol was pretty boring.  It was a quiet night, not that many people out.  

_______________________________________________________________________

Another Flashback

UA School Festival (1st Year)

Hero too I am a hero too

True heroes stand up for what they believe in

So wait and see

Kamanari played the last few bars of the song as the concert came to a close.  The special effects team pulled off their big finale and the curtain fell.   Everyone was giving each other high fives and celebrating.  They had just put on an amazing show.  Even Bakugo was smiling (which was something you never saw him do.  Kamanari felt something poke his shoulder. He turned around to see Jirou playing with her earphone jacks.  

"Nice job pikachu.  I'm suprised you had that in you"

"Aw thanks Jirou"

Kamanari nervously replied. 

"You did amazing.  You have the voice of an angel"

Kamanari immediately regretted his choice of words.  Jirou turned bright red and turned away from him.

"Don't go around saying things like that you idiot" 

She stammered as she ran away.  But she did so with a smile on her face.

______________________________________________________________________

"Hey Chargebolt are you in there?"

Kamanari snapped awake as he turned to his left.  Jirou had prodded his shoulder with her earphone jack and was looking at him like he was stupid.  He was disappointed she used his hero name instead of his real name.

"Y-yeah sorry. what's up?"

He said sheepishly.

"Keep your guard up.  We're on patrol"

She turned back to the streets, her eyes narrowed and focused.  

Why am I like this? Why can't I just be normal and professional like her?

Kamanari slapped himself back, and focused his attention on patrolling the area.  The heroes had been walking for awhile now, and they were in a dark shady part of the city.  Ashido pulled out a flashlight and Jirou plugged one of her jacks into the ground to scout out to listen for any footsteps.  She thought she heard a faint scream and a cry for help.

"I think I hear something"

She shouted and sprinted away.

"This way"

Kamanari and Mina were right behind them as they rounded the corner into a dark alley.  There was barely any visible light.  Ashido raised her flashlight and let out a small scream.  There was a figure wearing a grey hoodie and black cargo pants.  He had on a stain mask like the ones from that awful store in the mall, and a red cloth wrapped around his torso.  He held a knife that was buried deep into the shoulder of a fallen hero, and Kamanari could see what looked like vials of blood worn on his belt.  

The Stain Copycat pulled his knife out, throwing the other hero's corpse aside like it was trash.  He had this intense aura of death and hate.  The heroes shuddered as they could tell even without words how much this man wanted them dead.  He raised his hand and a giant red spike shot out of the corpse.  Kamari barely had enough time to dive out of the way rolling to a kneeling position as he aimed his wrist gauntlet. 

"2 MILLION VOLTS!"

Kamanari blasted the villain with a large amount of elecricity, but the copycat backflipped out of the way.  Jirou ran up, plugging her jacks into the speakers on her ankles to send out a powerful sonic wave.  Being in midair, the copycat couldn't dodge and was flung back several feet.  He did a kipup back to his feet and created another giant spike of dried blood but Ashido quickly dissolved it with her acid.  The copycat then suddenly jumped towards Mina unleashing a flurry of blade attacks.  She gracefully dodged each strike countering with her signature uppercut.   The copycat had a big gash on his forehead, but he touched it and instantly clotted the wound, turning it into a crocodile like scab. Jirou tried up another sonic blast but the copycat flipped over her slashing her shoulder in midair.  It wasn't a deep cut, but it was bleeding heavily.  Kamanari aimed again at the villain.

"4 MILLION V-"

He looked down to see a massive spike of blood impaled in his side.  The copycat threw one of his blood vials, shattering the glass and releasing the blood on the floor right beside Kaminari's foot.  Kamanari started to feel numb and his vision turned blurry. 

"DENKI!"

Was the last thing he heard before the darkness took him.

Our Time Will Come (Kamijirou)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें