CHAPTER THREE - ADAPTING

Mikaels POV

After a quiet dinner and a couple hours of sorting my mind, it was time for the children to go to sleep. I was still sitting in a area reminding me of a living room and thinking. I sighed and stood up. I made my way towards our sleeping children and their rooms.

I peered inside and looked at them with a small smile on my face. "Good night, I will be better..." I whispered to the room, unknown to me that one blonde girl was awake with a small smile on her face caused by my promise. I left the room and made my way towards Esther that I's shared room.

I honestly did not mind it that much, because before all this happened I had some relationships with the opposite gender and some others. I slowly took my outer clothes off, leaving me in underpants. I laid down on the bed, kissed Esther's cheek and closed my eyes.

I kept my small smile when I felt Esther cuddle onto my side. She was so bithcy in the show, maybe just maybe, she is different this time. Slowly I fell a sleep thinking what tomorrow would bring to me.

-

THIRD POV

When the sun shined onto Mikael's face, he was quickly awake. He looked around and sighed when he realised it all was not a dream. 'Still here...' He thought while slowly getting up. Esther was still asleep next to him, so it had to be early in the morning.

Last night Mikael dreamed about life still as Erika. He got up, put some clothes on and made his way towards the kitchen area. He knew that the woman/mother of the house did stuff like that at the current time, but he wanted to be better than that. He made something from the ingredients that were available.

Just a few steps over slept the Mikaelson children inside their room. They were just waking up one at the time. First up was Henrik, who went to wake up his mother. Thing he did almost every morning so he could help her with breakfast. Next up were all the older ones except Kol, who was too tired from yesterday.

Elijah and Finn being good brothers tried to wake him up to no avail. They were worried for their Fathers reaction of Kol laying in bed. What they did not except was meeting their mother at the hallway, still looking sleepy.

All of them heard sounds coming from the kitchen and slowly made their way towards it. It was an understatement to say that the rest of the family were shocked. There stood their Father and a husband, food ready on the table.

Esther looked at him with wide eyes. "Mikael?" She asked still confused what was happening to her husband. Mikael on the other hand just smiled softly and gestured towards the table. "You have done so much lately, just don't mention it." He said shrugging it off and sitting down. All of them followed Mikael's example.

Few moments later Mikael noticed that someone was absend. He looked each one of them, and realised that Kol was still not with the rest. He looked at son closest to him and asked: "Where is Kol?" Elijah looked at his father and gulped. "He is still asleep Father. He was too tired after yesterday." Elijah explained.

Mikael nodded and stood up. The siblings looked at each other and then back at Mikael who was making his way towards sleeping Kol. Elijah was mentally scolding himself for this. He prayed that his Father would not do something to Kol.

-

Mikaels POV

I decided to go see Kol and see if he was okay. I stepped inside their room and walked towards Kol's bed. I squadded next to his bed and put my hand on his forehead. "Kol." I tried to get his attention. He mumbled something in his sleep. I laughed a little and petted his hair.