CHAPTER NINETEEN - THE BIG CHANGE

Mikael's POV

"I think I'm scarred for life." Kol said dramatically as he threw the clothes at the ground next to Niklaus who was still sleeping.

I shook my head and gathered the clothes up, dusting them from any dirt while we waited for Niklaus to wake up.

"You are just being dramatic." Rebekah rolled her eyes and started to bicker with Kol.

I closed my eyes and let my chin rest on my chest with my arms crossed. The sound of them bickering faded to the background.

I was looking for a way to save Freya for a long time without any sleep, I had a few plans but I had no idea if they would work.

I felt a soft touch on my shoulder which made me open my eyes and look to my right. "Are you okay?" Ayana asked softly.

"Yes. Just a bit tired." I gave her a small smile and rubbed my eyes with my other hand.

Ayana nodded and leaned into my shoulder. I turned my head and kissed her head.

I heard Niklaus starting to move and soon enough he sat up from the ground slowly.

He looked around him confused, before he turned to us with a huge smile. I gave him a proud tiny smile.

"How long has it been?" Niklaus asked and quickly started to put clothes on after getting some privacy from us.

"You stayed as a furry for yet another thousand years, I'm so sorry brother." Kol said with a fake sincere smile.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "It has been two days since the ritual." I smiled and walked up to him.

I offered him my hand and Niklaus got up with my help, going straight for the hug.

He held me tightly and I wrapped my arms around him. I kissed his head and smiled at the pure content flowing out of him.

"It was amazing. I could feel everything. I feel whole." He said in a almost giddy voice.

"It certainly was." Another voice added as he walked towards our little group.

I sighed against Niklaus' head and let go of him, calming down the children who were ready to fight.

"Now?" I asked in a tired voice which I tried to hide with the best of my abilities.

Ansel shrugged with a small smirk on his face and turned towards Niklaus.

"You did great. A natural." He added but I could see his nervous body-language.

Niklaus narrowed his eyes and quickly looked Ansel up and down calculating the risk he was.

"You are the wolf that kept me company, aren't you?" Niklaus asked and tilted his head slightly.

"Yeah, about that..." Ansel trailed out and turned to look at me.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed again. "Let's not do this here."

"But you promised-"

"I did promise, and I will keep that promise, but not here." I kept eye contact with Ansel.

"Father?" Rebekah asked and walked slightly closer to us.

I turned to her and smiled slightly. "Let's go home."

"But the tea-" Kol started to say.

"Now."

-

I stood outside with Ansel as the others walked inside.

"I understand that you wanted to get this over with, but Niklaus has just gone a huge change. His emotions are all over the place for a while. Couldn't you have waited for a little longer?" I asked in a quiet voice.