CHAPTER THIRTEEN - ALWAYS AND FOREVER

Mikael's POV

A pained scream echoed in my mind as I jolted awake. I looked around me to see Ayana cuddled to my side sleeping peacefully. I sighed in relief and smiled softly as I listened to her breathing. Everything felt so peaceful. So normal.

I softly kissed her head and detangeled myself from her arms and watched as she curled into a ball. I chuckled and put the blanket over her better so she would stay warm.

I put my clothes on and left our bedroom. I walked to the kitchen and made some breakfast for everyone. Today was supposed to be some sort of a celebration. To be honest, to me it felt like celebrating the fact that Tatia was finally gone.

I chuckled at the thought and sat down. I put my head in my hands and took a deep breath in. Soon my hands was removed and replaced by smaller and softer hands. I sighed blissfully as she massaged my head.

"Good morning." Ayana whispered as she kissed my cheek over my shoulder. "Good morning love." I answered her with a small smile. I took a hold of her hand and kissed it gently before letting go.

"You know some day I will wake up earlier than you to make breakfast." Ayana said with a small giggle. I shook my head with my smile. "Not going to happen. You-" I stood up and turned around to face her. "-Are the Queen in here. And are supposed to be treated as such." I grinned.

Ayana shook her head with a goofy smile. "Such a charmer." She joked as she leaned in and kissed me. My heart was beating out of my chest with excitment. I put my hands on the side of her face and stroked her cheeks with my thumbs. I kissed her back making sure she knows how much I adored her.

We heard a loud squeal. After a moment we broke the kiss and stood there with our foreheads touching. I smiled at Ayana who looked at me with soft eyes. I turned my head to see Rebekah basically trembeling with excitment and Henrik and Niklaus grinning widely. Elijah, Finn and Kol just smiled softly.

"Are you...?" Rebekah trailed out as her voice broke due to the excitment she was feeling. I turned to look at Ayana with a gentle smile. "I guess we are." Ayana answered for us and turned to look at the children.

"I know I am not your real mother, but I love your father dearly. I really hope you are okay wi-" Ayana didn't have a chance to speak when Rebekah launched herself at Ayana and hugged her tightly. There were no words needed as all of them hugged Ayana tightly.

I leaned to the table and looked at the scene with warm eyes. It made me so impossibly happy, the way I haven't felt much since dying and losing my other children. Suddenly Ayana turned to look at me with a gentle smile. She reached her hands up and wiped a lone tear that was falling from my eye.

"It is okay my love." She whispered and wrapped her arms around me. She snuggled close to my chest and soon I was wrapped in a big group hug. Well in reality Rebekah pulled Niklaus and Kol to the hug but oh well. I chuckled and looked at my family. This was our Always and Forever.

-

I laughed as Ayana pushed me back down to the ground and laid on top of me hugging me to death. "I don't want to move yet." She whined softly as I laughed harder. Ayana slapped my chest and put her head on top of my heart listening it beating calmly. Something I found out she loved to do more than anything.

"It's so peaceful here." She whispered as the waves gently crashed into the shore. I put my hand in her back and did some small circles with my finger. "It is." I agreed with a small whisper. We ran away from the celebration to have some time alone. To just relax and enjoy each others company.

We laid there in the grass and listened to the nature around us. There was no stress, no tension, only peace between the two loving beings.

Ayana turned her head so her chin was resting against my chest. She smiled softly and closed her eyes. I admired her soft features and trailed my fingers along her back making her more relaxed. "Ayana dear." I said gently.