CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE - FACING HER AND FATHER'S RAGE

THIRD POV

From the time on the earth, the concept of death should have been familiar to Mikael, having gone through it twice already.

But as Mikael readied himself for the up-coming mission, he couldn't help the shivers that creeped up his spine.

He didn't complain, he was willing to do anything for his family, but how could facing death ever get easier?

There he was, standing outside in the garden, taking a deep breath in and filling his lungs with the fresh air of the early morning. Accompanied with the faint chirps of birds, Mikael ran through the quest in his mind.

Go in, do what was needed, and come out as fast as possible.

The soft rays of sunshine that peeked from behind the clouds made a small smile rise up to Mikael's lips as he slowly opened his eyes.

The time was up.

Mikael looked around the well kept garden once more, his eyes sweeping over his safe place where he could feel the traces of magic left behind, before turning around and making his way towards the mansion with his hands behind his back.

-

"Come back for me."

A quiet whisper was said behind Mikael as he made final touches to his study for what was about to come.

Mikael set down the sharp object from his hands and turned around to see Ayana looking at him with a scared look in her eyes.

His heart clenched painfully to see the strongest woman he had ever met be so vulnerable.

It wasn't only him having to go through the guest, it was also going to affect everyone else if something were to go wrong.

"Oh my darling..." Mikael whispered and walked in front of Ayana, pulling her into a hug.

Her arms wrapped tightly around him as Ayana rested the side of her head against his chest. She closed her eyes, hearing his heartbeat slowly match her own.

Mikael held her tightly and ran his hand gently along her back. "I will always come back for you my dear Ayana, no matter what stands in between us." He whispered against her head, slowly pressing a kiss to her hair.

Ayana stayed quiet, relishing in the feeling of being in her beloved's arms and hearing his words. She didn't want to admit exactly how much this whole thing affected her, but she couldn't take this chance away from him and their family.

Once she was ready, Ayana took a step back and looked up at Mikael, leaning foward to kiss him.

Mikael answered the kiss as he brought his arms up to gently cup her cheeks.

The two lovers stood there for a while, before parting away from the kiss and leaning their foreheads against each other, a simple gesture of pure love and trust they held for each other.

"I love you Mikael." Ayana whispered softly, slowly opening her eyes and taking a look at Mikael's eyes, filled with painfully much of love for her.

"And I love you too." Mikael whispered back as a soft smile rose to his face.

He stroked her cheeks with his thumb, before taking a step back and putting a strand of Ayana's hair behind her ear.

"I will go in and come back to you as fast as I can." Mikael promised aloud to her, watching Ayana slighty nod.

He watched with soft eyes as she put her hand to his chest, softly whispering under her breath and soon a warm feeling surrounded him.

Ayana looked up at Mikael, giving him a small smile.