CHAPTER SEVEN - STORY TIME

MIKAELS POV

Kol and I went home after fooling around a bit. Everybody else were already eating when we stepped inside.

"Finally..." Esther mumbled as she glanced at us. She continued to eat her food when I shot her a look.

Already feeling annoyed by her I looked at Kol and motioned for him to sit down and eat. Elijah looked at Kol whose eyes were still red and puffy from crying and then at me. I smiled a bit and shook my head. It was not my place to tell.

We ate as normally as our family could, but of course the oh so lovely bitch witch Esther decided to ruin it.

"So how did it go with Kol?" Esther asked rather loudly and all of the children quieted down. They were stealing glances between each other and us.

I took in a deep breath and calmed myself before I would lash out on her in front of the children. I would never lay a hand on her, but sometimes she could use a real talk. I wanted Kol to tell his siblings what happened if he wanted to, but of course she had to ruin it.

I looked at her and kept my displeasure in check. "It went well. We had a nice chat." I stressed the word chat. I would never hurt any of them. More likely I would give Esther a nice little pat on the cheek than hurt my children.

I looked very closely as her expression turned from smug to one of annoyance and hatred. My "respect" were thinning every single day for this woman. How could someone be so manipulative and cruel at the same time. What is happening to her?

"Hmph." She huffed and continued to eat. My appetite was gone and I just sat there thinking.

When the meal was over, I made sure that everyone was full and fed, before helping to clean the kitchen area.

"We are low on meat." Esther murmured as she looked through the cabinets.

I nodded slowly. It was time to go hunting with some of the older boys. With a sigh I walked to our bedroom areas and heard a giggle. I knew instantly who it was.

I opened one door and leaned to the door-frame with a smile on my lips.

Elijah and Finn were trying to get the rest of them to sleep.

It wasn't like a really big house, so Finn had his own room and Rebekah had her own "room", but she almost every night slept with her brothers, so it was mostly used as a storage space or a small space if someone needs a space for themselves. Like for Niklaus and his paint supplies.

Elijah, Henrik, Kol and Niklaus shared one room. And let me tell you, it is a nightmare sometimes.

There is always some changes in sleeping places. Like these last couple of weeks Niklaus has been having nightmares here and there. After I found him one night crying silently outside I promised he could wake me up any time he was having hard time and I would either lay with him or talk to him until he fell asleep again. Even some occations I would let Niklaus sleep next to our bed and wake him up before Esther would lash out.

I watched as Kol ran all around the room with Rebekah on his tail trying to get her brush back. Henrik was giggling and Niklaus laughing. Elijah looked annoyed but everyone could see the love and amusement in his eyes, where Finn was mostly tired after all the work his mother put him through today, but I could see the positive emotion behind his eyes.

I cleared my throat and the whole room stilled. I smiled softly and everyone turned to look at me with innocent expressions. Well most of them. Elijah and Finn were just amused.

Rebekah took this moment as advantage and took her brush back quickly and ran behind me all the while giggling.

Kol grinned and flopped down next to Henrik.