CHAPTER ELEVEN - DOPPELGÄNGER

Mikael's POV

It had been almost 10 years since the fight with Esther and since our life got so much better. I hardly never saw her after I kicked her out but I was paranoid for my children. Esther could still do anything even though she had been quiet.

The children. They were sad at first, but when they realised as they got older what Esther did in reality, they didn't really have a opinion about her anymore. She was just Esther or That Bitch in our house.

Finn was 26, Elijah was 23, Niklaus was 19, Kol was 17, Rebekah was 15 and Henrik was 12.

Our bond was un-breakable after Esther left me alone with them. We trusted each other with our secrets and family was above all. I made sure nobody ever got left out or felt like they didn't belong with us. My work showed through as the siblings were clued to each other sides.

I made sure to be the greatest father to them and never forced them to grow up too early. Even Finn was more free and liked to have fun as he did not have to look after everyone.

People started to see me as a leader of sorts, but everybody knew my family came before anyone else. We had a good life, nice home and everything was going great.

And then it happened, the whole reason behind the drama within our family.

The Petrova doppelgänger Tatia.

-

I looked down at the paper full of writing on my hands. With furrowed eyebrows I tossed it away and scratched my chin. I got yet another plead to someone court Rebekah. Over my dead body.

I heard a knock on the door so I walked out of the newly made study. We left our previous house full of bad memories and made a new one, everyone got their own rooms and we had more space for each of us to do their passion.

As I walked across the living room all of the children were arguing about something. I rolled my eyes and gave them a look. They quieted down and I smiled. I reached the door and opened it.

"I am sorry to disturb you Mr. Mikael. But there is a young woman claiming to have lost her village and everything she had." One of our warriors said to me. I instantly knew who it was.

"Take me to her." I told him and took my sword with me. Instantly all the heads turned to me and they stood up.

I sighed and glanced at them. I turned back to the warrior and nodded. He started to lead me towards her as my head swarmed with thoughts and possible outcomes.

I saw a mass of people surrounding someone and they moved out of the way as we walked to her. My children stayed behind near the mass of people as I walked in front of the second doppelgänger. She was shaking and shedding crocotile tears.

"What are you doing in our village?" I asked her even though I knew what her business was.

"My whole village was destroyed. I am only one left. I beg you, I need help." Tatia sobbed to her arms. I narrowed my eyes and glanced at our people.

Some looked uncertain, but mostly the women were worried for the young woman. Oh if they knew the truth. I looked at my children and almost smirked. All of them looked unimpressed with Tatia. Worst was Finn and Rebekah. Even Elijah and Niklaus looked rather weired out how she acted.

I turned my head back to her and tilted my head thinking. I decided to let her stay, but one mistake and she was out. I was not going to let her ruin my family.

"You shall stay here until you can take care of yourself. There are rules and you need to do your part for us to survive. One mistake and you shall leave. Our healers will aid you now." I gestured to two older woman who smiled warmly and took Tatia with them.