How to Be Ready

Link's POV
"Wow Link," Daruk laughed, "you got both Revali and I beat with those scars!" I slightly laughed.

"You were lucky that Mipha was there to heal you," Revali said. I nodded and looked to where she was. She was talking with Urbosa. I guess I didn't realize how long I was staring though, because Daruk laughed and patted my back.

"She's really special to you isn't she?" He said a bit quiet. I could feel myself blushing a bit. I looked at Revali and he just smirked at me.

"Oh just accept it," Revali said amused, "you obviously have feelings for her. Why else would you have stayed at the domain this whole time?"

"W-Well I..." I stuttered.

"Go talk to her!" Daruk said excited. "Besides, who would turn down the one who holds the sword that seals the darkness!"

"Well, uh... shouldn't I tell her after we defeat Ganon?" I said, hoping that they wouldn't make me go talk to her right there and then.

"That sounds like a better plan," Revali smirked, "I'm no love bird, but I'm sure that telling her after all this is over would be more... special."

"You're actually saying something thoughtful to me?" I asked surprised.

He smirked, "Enjoy it while it lasts." I smiled and looked at Mipha again. I wonder what her and Urbosa were talking about?

"So," Daruk said breaking up my thoughts, "what do you love about her?"

"Well," I started shyly, "she's extremely kind, thoughtful, beautiful, an amazing fighter, and... she's just everything that I've ever wanted. I guess that's how I can only describe it. I'm just afraid... what if she says no?"

"You know what Link," Daruk said, "something tells me that she just might feel the same way about you." He looked at Revali and laughed a little bit. "She sure gave Revali a talking to after that ceremony." I gave them a confused look.

Revali sighed, "I never expected that boldness to come out of her when defending you. She does seem to care about you a lot." I chuckled at the thought of Mipha lecturing Revali. He did deserve it to be honest.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

It got dark and Urbosa, Revali, and Daruk headed to the inn. I started to head there with them, but I noticed that Mipha wasn't coming along. She still sat near the cliff. I told the others that I'd meet them at the inn and walked to where Mipha was.

"Hey," I said sitting down next to her, "aren't you coming?"

"Oh," she said a bit startled, "yes. Sorry I was just lost in thought." We sat there in silence for a moment. I started to think about what she said about me needing to be mentally ready. I didn't want to admit it, but I needed help.

"Mipha," I said quietly.

"Yes?"

"I've been thinking about what you said of being mentally ready. I don't know how to go about it."

"Well, you must first identify what problem you are having mentally."

"And what is that?"

"You tell me."

"Uh..." I started to think about what could be my problem. Then a flood of problems came to me. "Well to start off I don't feel ready physically, you became more weak because of me, I feel like the thousands who died because of the Calamity are my fault because I wasn't able to get to Ganon in time."

"So now that you found the problems, how will you fix or accept them?"

"I-I don't know."

"Well I can give you the answers to those problems, but you wouldn't accept it. And that's the thing. You know the correct answers, but you don't want to accept them." I looked down at my hands, knowing that it was true. I know that I am fine physically, I know that Mipha did not become weak because of me, and I know that those deaths caused by the Calamity were not entirely my fault. It feels like those shouldn't be the answer though.

"I wonder if part of the reason I can't accept it is because we weren't prepared. If I knew that we were prepared, I wouldn't be so mad at myself. I would be able to truly accept that I was fine physically, you wouldn't have been hurt, those deaths wouldn't be my fault because I knew that we prepared all we could to protect Hyrule."

"But no matter how much we prepared, it wouldn't have mattered. The Calamity would've still caught us by surprise. Us champions would've still been stuck in the Divine Beasts. Zelda still wouldn't have unlocked her power. So in a way, this was all fate. Us champions still survived. And Zelda unlocked her power because she needed to protect you. Yes thousands did die, but their deaths won't be in vain."

"You're right," I sighed. I never thought of any of that! This just furthers my point of why I love Mipha so much.

"Well, shall we go?" She said standing up. I nodded and we walked to the inn together.

___________

I just wanna say, thank you all so much for the support! I never expected so many to actually like and read this book. I know that it all sounds cliche, but seriously, I never really expected people to find this book and have it grow so fast. Like, 1k reads? Holy crap! It feels so unreal. Again, thank you all so much! I hope that you all have a great day!