A Glimpse Into Their Future

Mipha's POV
Years later
"Mipha," Sidon called, "Link is back!"

"He is?" I exclaimed. "He's back early." I walked over to the left entrance to greet him and hugged him. "You're back early. I thought that you were going to be another week."

"I was, but Zelda called the expedition short. We didn't realize how dangerous it would be, so she told us to wait until we had all of the required resources."

"Well I'm glad your safe." He gave me a quick kiss and then we started walking.

"So how are the kids?"

"Well they're-"

"Daddy!" Valik and Liana ran up to him. He kneeled down and swept them up in a big hug. I gave a slight laugh.

"They're as crazy as ever."

"Oh there you two are!" Link chuckled.

"Dad," Valik said excited, "did you see any of the dragons? What were they like?"

"I only saw one and it was gigantic! It's name is Faron and if you get too close, balls of electricity will emanate from its body. The group and I were able to barely miss them. One of the group members almost didn't make it!"

"Dad, that's so cool!"

"Daddy," Liana said hugging Link tight, "do you think that I wiw ever be abwe to see the dragons?"

"Sorry, Liana," Valik smirked. "Only those who aren't four years old and can pronounce their L's can see the dragons."

"You're being mean again!"

"Alright you two," I said kneeling down to them, "calm down. You can ask your father more questions later. Your father needs some time to rest."

"Awww," Valik whined, "fine." He started to run off. "Hey Liana, last one to Uncle Sidon is a stinky lynel!"

"Hey," she called out to him while running, "wait for me!" Link and I gave a slight laugh. He stood up.

"Well," he said, "I see that you were busy while I was gone."

"Yep," I giggled. "I don't know how those two have so much energy. They must've gotten it from you. You were one reckless child at their age. Come to think of it, not much has really changed."

"Hey," he chuckled, "give me some credit. At least I have a little bit of common sense now."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Link and I kissed the kids goodnight and we walked to our beds. He sat on his bed and looked down at his hands. "Mipha," Link started quietly, "I was thinking... maybe I should take a break from accompanying Zelda on her travels."

"Why?" I sat next next to him. "Is everything alright?

"I'm starting to feel like I'm... I don't know. I just want to be there for Valik and Liana. You've done so much for them... I feel like I'm not there for them." I held his hand.

"They know that you love them deeply, Link."

"How do you know for sure?" I smiled and picked up a note that Valik left on our night stand. I gave it to Link.

"Valik wrote this while you were gone. He had to write something in school about someone he wanted to be like." Link gave me a confused look, opened it up, and read it out loud.

My name is Valik and I am 7 years old. In 20 years I plan to be just like my dad. My dad is the best! He is really really really really amazing! My dad beat Ganon and helped a lot of people around Hyrule. He helps Queen Zelda on her travels and always makes sure everyone is safe. He also cares a lot about me, my sister, and my mom. I love him and want to be like him when I grow up.

"Link," I smiled, "you're already there for them. If you really want to take a break, I won't stop you. The kids and I would be glad to see you around more. But if you decide to not take a break, our love for you still won't change."

"I-" a tear rolled down his cheek, "Thank you."

"I shouldn't be the one to thank." I kissed his cheek. "Goodnight. Love you!"

"Goodnight," he smiled and kissed my forehead. "Love you too!"

___________

Surprise! I wanted to do a little extra chapter (like a post-credit scene kind of thing) just for fun. I know that it's not anything too big, but I thought that it'd be fun to show how Mipha and Link's kids could be like. Again, thank you again for reading this book! It means a lot!