Lynel on Ploymus Mountain

Link's POV
I walked on the bridge leading to Zora's Domain. I was excited. Zelda had to stay at the castle today, so I got a day off. I decided to spend my day with Mipha. Not only do I love being around her, she's the only champion who I feel like I can really talk to.

"Link!" she called out on the other side of the bridge. I smiled and ran towards her. "It's great to see you again, Link." I couldn't quite express my happiness into words, so I just smiled. Mipha walked me up the stairs and Sidon came running up to her.

"Mipha, can we- can we go up the waterfalls again today?" He asked energetically.

"Oh, I wish I could Sidon. I'm afraid that I'm too busy today." Sidon pouted and looked up at me.

"Hey, isn't that the knight that you wrote about in your dia-" Mipha quickly covered Sidon's mouth. She looked flustered.

"Uh, that's not important!" Sidon laughed at Mipha and ran off. I couldn't help but chuckle. I forgot how cute Mipha looked when she blushed. She awkwardly giggled and looked up at me, "Shall we go?" I nodded my head and we continued to the top of the stairs. We started walking towards the back of the domain when a group of girl zoras came running after a guy zora. They all were asking questions and swooning over him.

"Are you really going to fight that lynel on Ploymus Mountain?"

"Please bring a horn back for me!"

"You're the strongest zora out there!"

"Ladies, ladies," the guy zora said, "don't worry, I will defeat that lynel and bring back souvenirs for all of you!" Mipha and I looked at each other concerned. We both knew how dangerous lynels were. I stepped forward and they looked at me.

"I don't think that you should do that," I told the guy zora.

"I appreciate your concern, but I'll be fine. It's a red lynel after all. The weakest!"

"It may be the weakest of its kind, but it is still very dangerous." Mipha stepped to my side.

"Do as he says," Mipha said boldly, "I don't want any of you getting hurt."

"Alright princess," the guy zora said reluctantly. Him and his fan girls walked off. I looked up at Ploymus Mountain. Something needs to be done about that lynel. If others are as stupid as that zora, they'd fight that lynel without thinking. I started walking in that direction. I had to kill that lynel.

"Link, where are you going!" I didn't say anything. "Link, are you seriously going to fight that thing?"

"Yes. I should kill it so that others don't try to fight the thing." She was about to say something, but then one of the guards ran up to her.

"Princess Mipha, something is terribly wrong!" The guard exclaimed worried.

"What, what's wrong?" Mipha asked quickly.

"It's Sidon. He's gone missing. Last time we saw him he was running towards Ploymus Mountain. Princess, that lynel is up there. I fear the worst."

"Oh no, Sidon!" She ran towards Ploymus Mountain and I ran after her. She swam up the waterfalls while I had to climb up the mountain. She got to the top way before me and I could see fear in her eyes. I got to the top as fast as I could and I saw where she was looking. The lynel had backed Sidon up against a rock. He had nowhere to go. I grabbed Mipha's hand and brought her behind a big rock.

"This lynel has shock arrows, Mipha. You must be careful. I'll distract the lynel and you get Sidon." She nodded and I stood up. I grabbed my bow and shot the lynel. It turned towards me and I grabbed my sword. There is no turning back now.

___________

I wrote this chapter BEFORE Age of Calamity came out. As I'm writing this author's note, the game has already come out. *spoilers* A friend of mine just told me how I almost exactly wrote a situation that happened in the game. I had no idea I swear! I thought that I was being original😂 I don't even have the game yet! So please don't get mad at me for spoiling things cause I had no idea!