Accepting the duty

Mipha's POV
Princess Zelda and Link are visiting the domain! I'm so excited to see them! I'm excited to hear what Princess Zelda has to say, and I finally get to see Link again after these many years. I stood on the balcony in front of the throne room. I could see the horses and knights not too far from the entrance. Among those knights was Link. He was riding a bit behind Princess Zelda. I couldn't contain my excitement. I ran down the stairs and to the entrance of the domain. Many of the knights bowed to me and Link and Zelda got off their horses and bowed as well.

"Thank you for having us here, Mipha," Zelda said gratefully.

"It's an honor to have the princess of Hyrule's presence in the domain," I bowed. I took a moment to look at Link. He has changed so much! Both physically... and personality wise. Something is off about him. He seems more shy, closed off. Perhaps it is just because it has been so long since we've seen each other. I'm sure things would get a bit awkward from us not communicating for a while.

"Mipha, may we speak in private?" Zelda asked.

"O-of course," I stuttered. We travelled over to a top of one of the waterfalls overlooking the domain. I was nervous to hear what Zelda had to say. I know that she came to ask me something, but what could it possibly be?

"Mipha, I was wondering if you would accept the duty of piloting Divine Beast Vah Ruta. We must prepare all we can before the Calamity. You being the champion of the Zora, I figured that you would be a good fit for it."

"I accept your request princess. I'll do anything that I can to help prepare Hyrule for the Calamity." I looked down at the rushing water and then looked up at her, "So, princess... may I ask who the other champions are?"

"Goron vigilance, Daruk. Rito confidence, Revali. Gerudo spirit, Urbosa. And also... the Hylian with the sword that seals the darkness, Link." I don't know why my heart fluttered at the thought of Link. Him having the sword that seals the darkness... he's even more amazing than I ever imagined.

"Oh..." I began, looking down the waterfall and I saw Sidon in the water looking up at us. "Sidon! Hurry and swim up here!"

"Mipha..." Zelda began worried, "perhaps he is still too young to swim up this big waterfall."

"One day princess... I must leave him... to face my fate with Ruta." I jumped down the waterfall and landed in the lake below. I came up out of the water and looked at Sidon. "Join me," I invited. He cautiously swam closer. "We'll go together so that you get a feel for it," I told him gently. He nodded and clung onto my back. "Let's go!" I said cheerfully.

I swam closer to the waterfall and then started to swim up it. Sidon was scared at first, but I could tell that he was growing his confidence. We finally got to the peak and I jumped out of the water and landed. Sidon let go of me and smiled. That is definitely one of Sidon's best gifts. His smile. That is the one thing that I'll miss the most when I'm gone. What an amazing brother Sidon is.

I knelt down and touched his chin. "Sweet Sidon, should fate ever part us... I'm counting on you to protect our beloved home from harm. Understood?" Sidon nodded. "I believe in you, Sidon. Now, shall we try one more time?" He gave me his big smile. I couldn't help but laugh.

___________

You may have noticed that the last portion of all of this dialogue is from the Champion Mipha's Song memory. I'm going to be using some dialogue of Mipha and the actions of the other champions from some of the memories to use in my story. If I use a memory for dialogue, I'll make sure to credit it so that you know which memory it's from!