It's Here

2 months later
Mipha's POV
Zelda walked glumly in front of Link as they walked out of the East Gate onto Lanayru Road. The four of us were standing at the entrance, eager to know if Zelda has finally unlocked her sealing power. I hope that she has. We walked a bit closer to them.

"Well, don't keep us in suspense," Daruk said hopefully, "How'd everything go up there on the mountain?" Zelda stopped walking and shook her head. I could feel all of our hope slowly slip away. I don't think any of us really wanted to believe it.

Revali stepped forward, "So you didn't feel anything? No power at all?"

She lowered her head in shame, "I'm sorry, no." Urbosa lifted her head.

"Then let's move on. You've done all you could. Feeling sorry for yourself won't be of any help. After all, it's not like your last shot was up there on Mt. Lanayru. Anything could finally spark the power to seal Ganon away. We just have to keep looking for that... thing."

"That's kind of you. Thank you," Zelda said disappointed. After hearing Urbosa's words, I thought of what helps me heal. Those I care about and love: Sidon, father, my people, my friends, Link. The thought made me look at him. It may be embarrassing to tell Zelda, but maybe it will help her. I shyly stepped forward.

"If I may... I thought you... Well, I'm not really sure how to put this into words... I'm actually quite embarrassed to say it. But I was thinking what I do when I'm healing. You know, what usually goes through my mind... it helps when I think— when I think about—" Before I could finish my sentence, the ground started to violently shake and there was an enormous roar. We all started stumbling and Revali quickly flew up into the air to see where the roar came from. His face told us everything.

"It's here," Urbosa said.

"This is it then..." Daruk said boldly.

"Are you sure?" I asked, hoping that this wasn't true.

"Positive," Revali said, still shocked.

"It's awake..." Zelda said, her voice shaking, "Ganon!" We could see malice flying through the air.

"Let's stop wasting time!" Daruk said strongly, "We're gonna need everything we got to take that thing down! Now champions, to your Divine Beasts! Show that swirling swine who's boss! Link will need to meet Ganon head on when we attack! This needs to be a unified assault! Little guy! You get to Hyrule Castle. You can count on us for support. But it's up to you to pound Ganon into oblivion!" Link nodded his head. I wonder how he feels right now? Please stay courageous, Link. For Hyrule, for me.

Urbosa walked up to Zelda and put her hands on her shoulders, "Come. We should go. We need to get you someplace safe."

"No! I am not a child anymore! I may not be much use on the battlefield... but there must... there must be something that I can do to help!" We all stood there for a second, trying to figure out what to do. Then Link put his hand on her shoulder.

"Zelda, I have one idea, but it is very risky," He said cautiously.

"Tell me, Link. What can I do?"

"Maybe your power will show itself once you finally meet Ganon. It definitely isn't guaranteed that it will happen, but it's worth a shot."

"But what if she..." I said worried.

"She won't die. I am Zelda's appointed knight. It is my duty to not only protect Hyrule, but her. If either of us are gonna die with this plan, it's me."

"Well, it's better than doing nothing," Revali commented.

"Champions," Urbosa ordered, "head to your Divine Beasts! Link, Zelda, please be careful." We all nodded and before we parted ways I looked at Link. I was worried about him and Zelda. He could tell that I felt this way and he walked up to me.

"It'll be ok, Mipha. I'm not gonna let Zelda get hurt."

"I know that, Link. It's you that I'm worried about. What if I don't see you again?"

Link looked down at his hands and held mine. "Thanks for always being there for me, Mipha." He let go of my hands and started running. Zelda followed after him. The other champions started heading to their Divine Beasts, I did as well.

As I ran to Vah Ruta, my thoughts swirled in my head of my family, the zoras, the other champions, Zelda, and Link. Will they be ok? Will they be alive? Will I ever see them again? Will I even be alive to see them again? No, I must stay strong. I must have courage. If I die today, I will die protecting those I love. If it is going to cost my death for us to beat Ganon, then so be it.

___________

I used the "Return of Calamity Ganon" memory for this chapter.