I Am With You

⬆️ some cute art I found that worked great with this chapter! I believe the artist is m_u_t_o

Link's POV
3 months later
I woke up and walked out of the inn in the domain. Many of the Zora and other races were setting up the last of the decorations and other preparations. It all feels so surreal. Today, I get to finally be with the Zora of my dreams!

Daruk and Revali walked up to me. "Well lil guy," Daruk said patting me on the back, "today is the big day!"

"You don't plan on having your big moment in that get up, do you?" Revali said, pointing at my clothes.

"No," I said looking down at it, "I'm obviously going to change. Also, don't make fun of these pajamas. They're quite comfortable." Revali just rolled his eyes and Daruk chuckled.

"Alright," Daruk said, pulling me with him, "let's get you all dressed up! C'mon, Revali!" Revali slowly walked behind and we went to the throne room. Daruk handed me my armor and some zora greaves. "Go ahead!" I took the armor and greaves and went behind a changing screen. I carefully put each piece of clothing on to not ruin anything. I then adjusted my hair a bit in the mirror and then walked out.

"What do you think?" I asked them.

"I suppose it'll do," Revali judged.

"Ah, come on, Revali. Link looks like the most good-looking hylian out there!"

"Thanks," I awkwardly laughed.

Mipha's POV
Zelda, Urbosa, and I stood in the area where all the pools were. Urbosa was touching up my veil and Zelda put a beautiful luminous necklace around my neck. "Mipha," Zelda said amazed, "you look stunning!"

"You really think so?" I said excited.

"Of course we do," Urbosa said, finishing up the touch ups. "Link wouldn't know what to do with himself once he sees you." I now started to get a mixture of nervousness and excitement. I clenched my hands together and Urbosa noticed my uneasiness. "There's no need to worry, Mipha."

"I know. It's just that I almost can't believe that this is happening. What if-what if it's not all that I dreamed it would be?"

"Mipha," Zelda reassured, "it will be all you dreamed of and more." I smiled at her remark.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Link's POV
The sun was finally starting to set, which meant that it was finally time. Zelda, the other champions, and some others gathered into the throne room. I walked in and King Dorephan sat on his throne and the priest was in front of him. I took my place and waited anxiously for Mipha. My heart was pounding. I then heard the cheers of the crowd outside and in came Mipha, Muzu by her side. She was so, so beautiful. The white lace on the veil and her garb was magnificent. The jewelry was detailed and beautifully done. The wild flowers around her wrist just accented everything perfectly.

She gracefully walked up to her spot across from me and we both smiled at each other. "Wow," we both breathed out. We both held each other's hands and looked at the entrance. Sidon walked in with the two rings and gave them to us. We took the rings and he ran over to Muzu's side. I put her luminous ring on her finger and she put my luminous ring on mine. We then looked at each other in excitement and then toward the priest. The priest opened his book and started the process. After a bit, he finally made it to the "I do" part. This was the moment that would change our lives.

"Do you, Master Link, the Hyrule Champion," the priest announced, "take Mipha, Princess and Champion of the Zora, to be you're lawfully wedded wife."

"I do!" I exclaimed.

"And do you, Mipha, Princess and Champion of the Zora, take Master Link, the Hyrule Champion, to be you're lawfully wedded husband."

She tightened her grip on my hands, "I do!"

"Then, I declare both of you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." I quickly put my right hand on her face and she leaned in to kiss me before I could. Everyone in the throne room cheered except for one voice.

"Gross!" It was Sidon's voice. Mipha and I broke off the kiss because we started laughing. The others in the room couldn't help but laugh as well. Sidon just gave a shy smile. Mipha and I both tried to gather ourselves and we both held hands and started to walk towards the balcony. Everyone waiting started cheering and fireworks started going off. The moment was perfect. Everything was perfect.

We both walked down the stairs to start the waltz and walked into the middle of the crowd. The crowd backed away to give us space. The music started to play and we started waltzing around the statue. "Man," I said glimpsing at the statue, "they really did a good job with that."

"They did," she said shyly, "but they really didn't have to do it."

"No, after all you've done, you deserve it. Although, as great as that statue of you is, I prefer the non-statue version." She smiled and giggled.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Mipha and I sat on the cliff in front of Vah Ruta. The whole wedding had come to a close and we were both just taking in as much time as we could with just each other before the day ended.

She scooted over to me and laid her head against my shoulder. I wrapped my left arm around her waist. "So," she sighed happily, "what was your favorite part?"

"The part where we got married," I smirked. She gave a slight laugh.

"I should've known that you'd say that."

"Ok, well if it had to be anything else except for the part we got married, then it had to be the part with the Goron rock-roast eating contest."

"I still can't believe you got in second place."

"Sorry, I would've gotten first if Daruk wasn't such an experienced eater."

"No, I'm more surprised that you were even able to get second place. You were eating rocks!" She started to laugh.

"I'm no picky eater, let's just say that. What about you? What was your favorite part?"

"Hmm, I really liked the part when Revali got completely flustered."

"Oh yeah! Never thought that that bird could feel love."

"Well, I hope that he goes through with her."

"Yeah, that other Rito would be good for him. She would teach him some good manners."

"She would."

"Now those two moments were great, but the best moment was Sidon," I laughed.

"Yes!" She laughed, "Wasn't how I expected our kiss to end."

"And, it was the best way for it to end." She lifted her head off of my shoulder and looked at me. Her eyes glistened in the moonlight and her smile being the most beautiful thing in sight. It's almost unreal that the most loving and graceful Zora in all of Hyrule is my wife. I wrapped my other arm around her and kissed her. For all I know, I could've kissed her for a few seconds, but it felt like a wonderful eternity. A wonderful, blissful eternity.

THE END
___________
Thank you all so much for reading! Seriously, believe me when I say that all of your support fueled me when writing this book. I never expected this to come this far and I'm just so freaking happy! Thank you so much and I wish you all the best!❤️